-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tekslk

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 67 barracuda and I am in need of the lower trunk trim. I need a nice one with no dents. Anybody no where to buy a used or new one?

Guys I still need the lower trunk trim piece, It has to be real nice. Whats everyone got.

Anyone ever use the ones on ebay or that metro has. Do they fir and look ok?

Sorry, but, the 67 lower trunk trim is the hardest to find part on the entire car. Because it hangs out over the bumper, practically every one was tapped (or worse) at some point.

The part Metro sells is not correct, because they make one piece and claim it fits both the upper and the lower position. This is total BS -- to fit properly, the lower piece should have a completely different profile. Apparently, they thought they could save the tooling cost because so many people have resorted to using a top piece on the bottom just because the top piece is easier to find -- yes, it bolts on, but the profile doesn't match up with the lower corner of the taillight. It's easy to tell because the black stripe doesn't line up, and if you look closely the plane of the surface is at a different angle.

Unfortunately, so long as Metro is making and selling this bogus piece, nobody else will ever tool up for a correct piece. So all you can do is haunt the classifieds for an original (there was one a few months ago, somewhat rough). And be prepared to send it to a restorer, because it won't be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back