Trunk Weather-strip ?s

-

63 MorePar

Electric Larry
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about the weather-strip on my 63's trunk. I bought some for it about 12 years ago when the car was being painted and never got around to installing it. Now it's time. My first is, does this look like the correct seal and my second is which way does it go on. I have no others in my area to reference off of and the more I look at it the loonier I get.
:sign3: I have 3M super weather-strip adhesive we call "Gorilla Snot" and a box of clothes pins and I'm ready to go.
Any input or photos would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Larry

Attachments

• may 001.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 229
  • may 003.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 218
  • may 004.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 224
  • may 005.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 232
  • may 006.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 229
That piece has a flat with a shoulder that barely covers the raw sheet metal edge. The < goes to the outside. In the end, its a piece of crap in design. You could get a modern seal from a bone yard that works better. Those are a O on a U shaped channel like a wind lace. The high pressure car wash wont put water in my trunk.

That piece has a flat with a shoulder that barely covers the raw sheet metal edge. The < goes to the outside. In the end, its a piece of crap in design. You could get a modern seal from a bone yard that works better. Those are a O on a U shaped channel like a wind lace. The high pressure car wash wont put water in my trunk.

Thanks RedFish! My first thought was the right orientation , but I agree that it fits like crap! I will look for some other possible donors in the junk yard. I like the idea of the channel type push on seal, like the wind lace. Great idea!
Has anyone else retro-fitted their trunk seal this way, and if so what did you steal it from?? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Larry

That seal will serve the purpose for a time. I guess I would install it if I already bought it. 3M adhesive holds it in place.
It will flatten out over time. More so that the hollow tube type.

-
Back