Trying to figure out what pistons I have.

-

vjava

Reaction score
Helllo everybody

I recently bought a 1973 Plymouth Duster off of a guy from the other side of the United States. He had recently bought it off of one of his friends who did an engine rebuild and didn't know the exact specifications on the vehicle.

obviously I am just trying to figure out what type of pistons are in this car so I'm not going to list every single part on it. It is a 440 done 30 over. The Pistons look to have a 1730 engraved on them and an 88 with a hexagon around it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated and if you need any other information just let me know.

and as I'm sure you can tell the only way I have to figure this out is by looking from underneath the car with the oil pan off since I don't want to take apart the engine.

Hey guys any help would be greatly appreciated I spent easily over $20,000 on this car in the past two years and I'm looking to finally put the rest of my money that I have been saving for the past 5 years into the engine as the final upgrade but can't even start without knowing what type of pistons there are.

Would pictures help?

Woukd any other information help?

That put me in the right direction. Looks like a good stock replacement that isn't forged.

-
Back