trying to identify aftermarket 340 Pistons

-
Of course he wants to sell you something, he is in business to make money. You may not like his personality but I have not heard anyone complain about his parts and combinations that bought from him. There are parts that I prefer over his like rocker arms and lifters, but the parts he sells are quality parts. He knows what he is talking about and has good combinations. If your not a do it your selfer and don’t have a solid path to an engine you will be happy with and performs like you want it to, you need to find and trust an experienced mopar engine builder.

Wrong thread for this I apologize the OP but Dave use is a crook he is a Chevy head man who saw a way to make money by working on Mopars. I do not trust him as far as I can throw him his word has no meaning. And I'm not the only one that he's screwed over my neighbor down the street was having a Trans Am Cuda motor rebuilt and then Dave lost the deposit that the guy gave him and decided to charge him twice. That just about got Dave's head removed. There are others on this website that have had experiences with Mr Hughes. That's all I'm going to say.

So after all these years these Pistons were doing a terrible job and now you want to replace them?
As for Dave Hughes I would not ask him the time of day. Unless you got your checkbook out and are signing him a check when you ask him.
Jmho that I highly value.
You may quote me. I'll stand behind my opinion.
I wasn't gonna open that can of works, but I cannot disagree. LOL

I made the drive and spenta lil money with Hughes, probably not as much as he'd have liked to have gotten from me but I've still picked his brain a time or 2 and gotten good.info from him that worked out alright.

You can look at the Keith Black KB243 pistons for a bit more compression or the Silvolite 1267 for a bit lower compression. I believe the Silvolite pistons are similar in weight to stock pistons so no rebalancing required.

You can look at the Keith Black KB243 pistons for a bit more compression or the Silvolite 1267 for a bit lower compression. I believe the Silvolite pistons are similar in weight to stock pistons so no rebalancing required.
You must choose a compression ratio to work with your cam that will not detonate with the fuel you use and that has to take into consideration your head chamber volume.

I know. These are stock pistons for engines in the 68-73 range. He said is looking to build a stock engine with x heads. There isn't an infinite selection of off the shelf pistons for a 340 engine. Compression will be between 8.5 and 10 depending on actual cc volume and milling. It seems a lot of people think the selection of these parts is an r&d project.

-
Back