Trying to identify an old electrical part - need help!

-

Weak440

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I am working on a rewind table (printing industry stuff) that is an old DC driven table. Our rewind guy said that we are out of the heat sinks and need to order more. The pic below is what He gave me.

I know if I gave that to our purchasing lady she wouldn't have a clue what to do with it. So, I am trying to track them down and give her a part # or SOMETHING.

I have googled the numbers printed on it but, have not found much. I was wondering if anyone on here could help identify this part. Is it actually a heat sink? I thought it was a resistor but, I have very little to no experience with this.

Can anyone help me identify this part?

Attachments

• heat sink.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 240
Yup. That is commonly known as a "power" resistor, or "wirewound" resistor. Are you sure it's bad? Check it with your ohmeter. The question would be wattage. I would hazard a guess at at around 50 watts

Don't you have documentation, diagram, parts list for the equipment?

Kanuder valve for magnetic seat covers,grounds to muffler bearing...lol

No, no no no NO!!! It's a

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4"]Chrysler Turbo Encabulator - YouTube[/ame]

That's been around for YEARS, LOL far longer than since Al Gore invented the internet, LOL

Thanks for all the help! I took some of this information to one of our vendors and got a few ordered this morning. It is a 40ohm 40watt breaking resistor. Learn some thing new everyday! Thanks guys!

Posted via Topify on Android

OK, that should not be too critical..........sounds like it's a motor brake resistor? This would be a resistor switched across a motor on shutdown to stop it quickly. A motor, when shut off, becomes a generator, so when you apply a load across the motor, it of course takes more physical force to turn

-
Back