trying to locate a member

-

500duster

Reaction score
Is it within the rules to post a thread asking for help locating a member? there is a member that used the classifieds here to steal money from me. After giving this member negative feed back another member contacted me and said he has the same problem with this individual. I only have a 1st name and general location for this dishonest member. I thought maybe someone else has had dealings with this individual and would have more information but I am not sure the rules allow me to ask and give specifics. It is a real shame that people treat others this way and use sources like this site to steal. I have never had any trouble buying from other members here or from B bodies only. I hate to see Mopar guys do things like this to each other.

Spill the info , you may be one of many. I have my own list of crooks on this site, I like to be warned

Sadly, about the only way to get any action against a deadbeat or scammer is to call them out in public.
If the person did it to you, chances are it was out of pattern and practice rather than one isolated incident.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.
You should also be aware that those call outs CAN eventually result in criminal prosecution, and the more victims the stronger the case.

The member I'm trying to locate is dart540. He has been a member since 2009. He posted an ad for a rebuilt 727 transmission on this site for $600 with free shipping. I saw his location was SW PA which I figured was close to me. After several PM's back and forth he asked me to call him which I did. He told me some back ground info about himself and said his name is Stan and that he was located about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh which is about 90 minutes from my place. He said if I met him half way and gave him a good transmission core he would sell me the rebuilt transmission for $450. He said the transmission he had was a 1969. I work about half way between our 2 places so he said he would meet me at my work on December 22nd. We met on the 22nd and I paid him, gave him my core and got the rebuilt transmission. On December 24th I tried installing the transmission and realized he had sold me a 1966 transmission which has a 19 spline input shaft rather than a 24 spline. After trying to text and PM Stan for 4 days he finally got back to me. He said if I brought the transmission back to my work he would pick it up and swap out the input shaft with a 24 spline and deliver it back to my place on Jan. 1st. He told me it was an honest mistake that he never counted the splines on the input shaft and that it was his fault so he would make it right. He came to my work and picked the transmission up on December 28th. On December 31st I sent him a text asking what time he would be bringing the transmission up to my place the following day. He texted me back several hours later saying he was not coming. He claimed he had knee surgery the previous day.
He said nothing about needing surgery when I spoke to him on Dec. 28th and there is no way to have surgery scheduled that quickly. Plus he was on this site posting a for sale ad for another transmission the day he claims he was having surgery.
Now I have no transmission and this guy has my $450 plus a transmission core.
I sent him several texts and a PM asking him to just return my money but he has not responded. His phone is not taking calls and the phone he was using appears to have been a burner phone. I now see he has transmissions listed on Craigslist also and is trying to sell the same transmission that I paid him for.
Another member here saw the negative feed back rating I gave for dart540 and sent me a PM saying he was victim to a similar situation with dart540 within the last couple weeks.
If anyone knows dart540's full name or whereabouts it would be great to know so I can resolve this situation.
Should I start another thread titled something like DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH dart540 or maybe dart 540 OWES ME $450 AND A TRANMISSION CORE so more members see it and don't become victims?

use a different name and number and reply to his craigslist ad then tell him you will pick it up at his home. Then show up with some business to take care of and if he has a sore knee it shouldn't be too hard.

Should I start another thread titled something like DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH dart540 or maybe dart 540 OWES ME $450 AND A TRANMISSION CORE so more members see it and don't become victims?

I would.... :soapbox:

I would have replied to one of his CL adds with the cops in tow or with a fkn baseball bat to fix his other knee cap.

-
Back