Tsunami COMING my way!

-
It's coming. Be safe our Hawaiian friends. toolman

still at home...safe for now...watching the news feeds. the HILO bay is getting a lot of surges. Nothing huge... yet. But the water is moving FAST!

Thanks to all.

Pauly get some good photos!

Traffic cameras around town show the place is now a Ghost town!

Aloha Mike

A few hours ago we felt the surge from Chile as well and we were on a Tsunami alert. Did your sirens sound this morning? I heard from a friend that in Maui the Tsunami sirens had woken them up. Stay safe.

Yes...just about every hour on the hour they sounded from 6am this morning. I actually got a text mesage about 5 am telling me the Little League Baseball games were cancelled due to the Tsunami....strange way to wake up.....

The ocean is surging like crazy now on the islands. No damage reported yet...

Aloha

Prayers worked, now go home........much ado about nothing it seems.

Im wondering if its not time for me make some sort of an earthquake survival kit, Haiti,Chile, Japan... only a matter of time before Cali gets one.

Hope everyone and your mopars ake it out okay. You packed up the mini van you say? I think I remember hearing that they make some people walk so its not conjested, Is that true?

Hope everyone and your mopars ake it out okay. You packed up the mini van you say? I think I remember hearing that they make some people walk so its not conjested, Is that true?

yes to all your questions. Some areas you could walk out of the evac.zones. BUt because of the long lead time and warnings. People moved out of the areas really well.

Aloha!

pretty much a non-event. gave alot of people the day off though and filled the oil company's pockets as all the gas station tanks were emptied in record time.

yea i was worried if it hit cali cuz i used to live and rest of family still lives in Los Osos Ca right near pismo... right on the beach. anything new?

Once seeing the aftermath of the tsunami that hit Thailand in 2004, people took this one seriously. Better safe than sorry.

Once seeing the aftermath of the tsunami that hit Thailand in 2004, people took this one seriously. Better safe than sorry.
I AGREE!

DSC08631 small.jpg

How I celebrated the day!

DSC08631 small.jpg

wow I must live under a rock...I missed the post..I hope all is well... Stay safe and send some of that sunshine this way PLEASE....

-
Back