TTi exhaust kit, or haul it to the muffler shop?

-

DRoCk

Reaction score
Well the exhaust is the only thing really keeping my car up in the air and not on the street. I need a full exhaust system, or I could scab it together with my universal 3in kit I have i guess. Anyway, what would I be looking at for price difference with a TTi kit vs. a custom exhaust from a muffler shop?? I think I want just 2.5 inch from the manifolds back, and I don't care right now about a H/X pipe setup. Like I said, I could just put the 3in kit I have on it with it dumped since the tailpipes are not going to work, but I had something like that, and I didn't care for the exhaust leaking in through the trunk when sitting idling. So what did you guys pay for a custom exhaust, minus mufflers at the local exhaust shop?

I've spent (Invested?) about $20,000 on my project and the hardest check I signed was for my TTI system. I held off on that for MONTHS because I couldn't justify paying almost $1,300 for headers and pipes. Until they arrived....

God forbid anything happens to my car and I don't install them, but I'll hang `em on my living room wall: They are BEAUTIFUL! And going by what EVERYONE says installation is almost as easy as opening the hood and throwing them in. But my car is a ground-up resto. If your screwing together a car that's far from perfect, or something you may not keep, go for the universal kit or a shop-fabbed system.

I plan on being buried in my car. What's YOUR long-term plan?

Plans for the car...weekend warrior mostly, something decent to cruise around in. It was a perfectly good car until I needed to put in a new fuel pump, things got a little out of hand from there. The exhaust that was on it was a little mismatched and it needed manifold gaskets...I figured add headers to it right...left that idea in favor of HP manifolds. Now I just need the downpipe portion of the exhaust to at least connect to the 3in kit that I have. Basically, I am just trying to figure out how to get that part done and not end up spending the same as I would to have a whole exhaust system made up for it.

I need to put a new system on my car too but TTI will not work. I have fenderwell headers. I can't decide between getting Summit's 3 inch complete exhaust system and 3 inch H pipe (with TTI's 3 inch tips) and having just the head pipes fabricated or letting a shop fab the whole system. It is not my driver and the engine is built enough that I am going with Dynomax Ultraflo race mufflers because I want breathing and don't care how loud it is. I am going to get some prices from shops and then decide.

I'm with Fastback340 on this one. buried in my car.

I got the TTI headers and WOW!!! I basically threw them at the engine compartment and they were installed! Then I got the Heddman x-pipes, the Flow-40s and by the time I had the exhaust pipes bent up I realized that I could of just bit the bullet and installed a whole TTI system for about the same $$$... and had a nicer bend around the rear axle. I would go for it, real nice install compared to the scabbed together route I took

Oh, by the way, to answer the question, I have had mine for over 25 years and until death do us part.

3" is overkill and wasted with manifolds/stock/mild engine. Go with a 2.5" kit and there are many around cheaper than TTI if you look.

www.accurateltd.com, Jegs, Summit are a few places that have them.

A good exhaust shop should be able to bend and install a system for around $350 in my opinion. Some may be less or more.

-
Back