TTI Exhaust Longevity

-

TopBanana

A-Body Fanatic!
Reaction score
Has anyone had a TTI system for a while? If so, how's it holding up? I'm just wondering about the life or the system being that it's aluminized and not stainless pipe. It's probably not that big of a deal since my car will never see rain again and will only be driven occasionally, but just want to get some feedback. Also, how do you all like the sound of the DynoMax mufflers that provide?

Thanks

I have allways done a aluminumized pipe exhaust with excellent results. I do not have tti though.

I'm on my second year with my TTI's which are polished and ceramic coated. By no means is that enough time to tell whats ahead but they still look great and I bought stainless steel Magnaflows instead of the Dynamax mufflers. Just like the sound better, that's all! The mufflers should last quite a long time being 304 stainless and polished. I hope!

The biggest enemy of exhaust systems is not using the car and letting them sit, even if you don't drive them in the rain. Just the humidity in the air while the car sits will start the process. My headers are not coated on my drag car and after two years have very heavy surface rust which will rust out eventually because it is not used enough to keep the rust burned off. The humidity can easily reach the inside also. Most exhaust systems rust from the inside out. Coating inside and out is the best bet.

Chuck

One thing I can say about TTI headers................they are not your momma`s headers, they`re built like a tank. My set`s around 60 lbs..As far as longevity, I can`t say yet as I haven`t had them long enough. One very important thing is if you`re breaking in a new engine, use another exhaust manifold until your engine temperature comes down. That way you won`t toast the finish right off them. Hth some.

my buddy bought his tti's at spring fling in april 2000. he just put new gaskets and the same headers on a fresh rebuilt 340 and no leaks, no problems. they rusted a bit due to the fact he drove it in the rain, mud and whatever else, but still solid.

I have TTI 2 1/2" exhaust on my car hooked to the stock 340 manifolds. I got the Dynomax mufflers from them also. I have had it on the car for about three years now. Car is always garage but I got caught in the rain twice. No a trace of rust on the system yet. System still looks nice and fresh and fits really well. No leak issues anywhere either.

My exhaust isn't TTI, but it is aluminized. I drive about 2000 miles per year and get caught in the rain at least once per year. I have had the pipes since 1995 and they still look like they were just installed (Ican't say the same for my steel, uncoated headers). I store in an unheated garage in the winter.

I think you will be happy with them.

dont drive car more than 50 miles per year 3 inch tti powder coat headers thermal inside aluminized pipes to back rust on headers is 30% about, like the guys say drive it or its pissed i was fairly bummed to see rust rats still love the pipes though

Had mine on for 6 years now, I noticed that the ceramic coating started peeling off after the 2nd year, at the bottom by the collectors, and then started rusting. Had to spray them with aluminized paint to try and hide it.
This is likely due to myself scratching them when I installed them and the lack of driving the car.
I'd by them again in a heartbeat.

Im guessing you are asking about the pipes from the manifolds or headers back. The TTI system should last as long or longer than any-other aluminized system.

If you want extra protection and endurance you can order the pipes and mufflers ceramic coated. They offer exterior coating only or coated inside and out. Cist is around $218 extra.

-
Back