TTI header clearence on a 65 Valiant

-
a friend has some Doug headers for sale. They look similar to the TTI ones:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DOU-D450/

will throw them in tomorrow and hope they will fit better.

Has anyone knowledge with these ones?

I have the dougs on my 65 dartcharger All original with 4 sp. and they fit fine and installed nice too.
One tube on drv side rubbed so slightly going thru torsion bar other than that , I love them..
no leaks and they are all tucked up under the chassis real nice nothing hangs down.
did NOT have to pull the bars out or the rt angle oil filter adpater .
just rock the engine over on each side to install.

Attachments

• 273 engine pic 6-27-12.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 249
Just a casual reader to this, with factory headers on my 65 SB. I just wonder if the diameter of the T-bar makes all the difference isn't there a continual chance of the T-bar rubbing the exhaust in the future and something you will always have to bugger with? I never appreciated the TTI design where the T-bar must thread between header pipes. It sounds like the Dougs headers aren't like that. I'll probably never pursue since I like having power steering and a little room to squeeze in my hands. The factory V-8 in an early A is already a very tight fit.

Unless the Tbars are hitting on both sides, would a double gasket or some sort of spacer work? If you could get one or make one in the right thickness, might be a good solution. Better than beating on a brand new set of headers.

The headers have enough space to the bars but only if i lower the transmission mount. I bought the poly one from Schumacher.
The stock rubber mount has nearly the same hight.

Is it possible to lower (cut off) the trans mount without getting problems with the drive shaft?

Or does anybody offer a different trans mount than Schumacher which will be lower than their model?!

-
Back