tti header oil pan fitment

-

Andrew vanman87

Reaction score
I was wondering has anyone put a set of 1 and 7/8 TTI headers on a 340 with a pro touring oil pan ? I've gotten a lot people saying that it will fit and then some people sing that it won't fit. I would assume that there's got to be a lot of guys that are running aftermarket oil pans with 1 and 7/8 headers. My 340 is stroked out to a 416 full CNC ported heads or should I try to make the doug headers work?

I was wondering has anyone put a set of 1 and 7/8 TTI headers on a 340 with a pro touring oil pan ? I've gotten a lot people saying that it will fit and then some people sing that it won't fit. I would assume that there's got to be a lot of guys that are running aftermarket oil pans with 1 and 7/8 headers. My 340 is stroked out to a 416 full CNC ported heads or should I try to make the doug headers work?
What vehicle?

It's on my 74 Dodge Challenger 904 transmission
Have you checked their website for fitment?
. FLOOR SHIFT:

YES

• Auto Trans: Some applications may require the adjustable swivel & the lower rod to be re-positioned to clear the header collector. See illustration sheet #3703

OEM, MILODON or EQUIVALENT

• Milodon part no's: 30935, 30936, 30940, 30941

• Pro Touring pan part no's: 31590 & 31595

CYLINDER HEADS:

OEM or EQUIVALENT

EDELBROCK PERFORMER RPM

INDY-TA

MOPAR PERF ALUM LA

MOPAR PERF CAST-IRON

RHS-INDY360X

TRICK FLOW POWERPORT 190

Last edited:
I have the the fully ported Edelbrock RPM heads on my Challenger . So my next question is is what are guys doing for aftermarket oil pans ? How are people getting them to fit or they just sticking with stock oil pans? Is there a 17/8 header that will fit an e-body Challenger? With an aftermarket oil pan? Or my kind of stuck with just stock oil pans if I decide to go with TTI ?

I have the the fully ported Edelbrock RPM heads on my Challenger . So my next question is is what are guys doing for aftermarket oil pans ? How are people getting them to fit or they just sticking with stock oil pans? Is there a 17/8 header that will fit an e-body Challenger? With an aftermarket oil pan? Or my kind of stuck with just stock oil pans if I decide to go with TTI ?

I will be putting TTi 1-7/8 headers on a 340/ T56 with the Milodon Pro-Touring pan 31590.

From what I researched from here and TTi's website is that the headers should fit, regarding the oil pan clearance. See A56's post above that shows info from th TTi website about automatic trans.

One thing I found out that you may run into was the pan may not fit in your k-frame without trimming. My k-frame was coming out to get blasted and seam welded so I trimmed a good 1/2" off the pinch weld where the oil pan sits. There is a good thread here somewhere that shows the modifications to a k-frame to help with clearances.

Post #23 K member notching question

Last edited:
Thanks for the info I know personally of a guy that has a 408 build and his TTI headers did not fit the pro touring oil pan ( however I do know that the 340 oil pan is different from a 360 oil pan) however I don't know the exact dimensions of the difference . I really wanted to pull the trigger on the pro and he was running a 727 and I'm running a 904 built by cope the 904 being smaller I thought maybe it would fit with more clearances 727 but then again I also don't know touring pan and the TTI headers . I do have a set of dug headers but I'm not even sure if they will clear the pro touring oil pan and they're also much smaller header than the 1 7/8 TTI header I'll give the thread a good read thanks for the info :)

Pretty tight on driverside of my 408 with a Kevco pan. And it has no kickout . My TTi's are W2s so maybe they are different ?

I think the W2 has would be different because the exhaust ports are slightly different than the standard government RPM exhaust ports ( but I could be wrong)

I think the W2 has would be different because the exhaust ports are slightly different than the standard government RPM exhaust ports ( but I could be wrong)
Yes but I wouldnt think that would change the lower part of the header.

I have changed a pan gasket and it was a Biotch ! Snug fit .

Yeah you wouldn't think it would change anything... ( But I'm also not sure) I do have a set of Doug headers D453 does anyone know if it would clear the pro touring oil pan? The only thing bad about the dog headers there are a smaller two cutter they're not 1 7/8 kind of wondering how much power I would lose if the doug headers would clear the pro touring oil pan...

-
Back