TTi header problem

-

extreme green dart

Reaction score
O.k. New to posting here. I have been bottled up in the garage for a few days due to local flooding, Binghamton N.Y. Put the trans in tonight. the right side header hits the steering linkage(already installed 1/4 inch shims on both sides) now that trans is in the xmember sits towards the pass side of the mounting holes. And to top it off drivers side header is now touching steering box. (power steering) The Car is a 1970 dart v8 k frame 360 new motor mounts ordered for a v8 dart. The engine brackets came with the 360 which was in a 71 dart doner car. Before I pull this apart any suggestions?
Th:prayer:anks in advance

O.k. New to posting here. I have been bottled up in the garage for a few days due to local flooding, Binghamton N.Y. Put the trans in tonight. the right side header hits the steering linkage(already installed 1/4 inch shims on both sides) now that trans is in the xmember sits towards the pass side of the mounting holes. And to top it off drivers side header is now touching steering box. (power steering) The Car is a 1970 dart v8 k frame 360 new motor mounts ordered for a v8 dart. The engine brackets came with the 360 which was in a 71 dart doner car. Before I pull this apart any suggestions?
Th:prayer:anks in advance

Thanks for the input.I should have put this in the exhaust thread?!

Is your crankshaft centerline is the position required per the TTI instructions?

I'd double check with some measurements to make sure you indead have 340/360 biscuit type motor brackets. 71 Darts didn't have 360's, so that was swapped in by someone. You can use 318 ones with a spacer in the appropiate place. I forgot which side is different.

Recently, someone had the brackets put on the wrong side of the motor bosses. Check that.

Are the motor mount brackets mounted on the rear side of the bosses?

And yes, should have posted this in the exhaust thread.

Your new so we'll let you slide, BUT DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!! LOL :D

Recently, someone had the brackets put on the wrong side of the motor bosses. Check that.

that would be me. lol, but that simple fix was the LEAST of my worries....i did have dougs headers though, and no matter what i did, they didnt fit. tti's went right in....

-
Back