TTi Headers

-

rdakota340

Reaction score
On tti site says you can not use head studs is this true I was looking at the pics they have and could see why not anybody treid them.Randy

I use the Schumachers and I use studs on both heads. I have taken the pass side header off by jacking up that side of the engine. I would imagine the drivers side might be a pain with the steering column and box there but havent had to do that yet. Probably doesnt help all that much but just my .02.

i just built a 400 block with indy heads and head studs. there was plenty of room with the raised exhaust ports. with stock height ports you might possibly have to trim down the studs a little but i don't really think it would be an issue

why head steads over bolts? when i fit my headers in my duster it seems that bolts would be a lot easier than having studs.

I think it's easier to use studs than bolts because you can remove/install the headers without having to drain coolant since the two bolts on the end go to water passages.

I think it may be hard to get the hearders up and over the studs. But I have hered of peolpe running studs on the out side two and bolts in the middle.

i think you guys are misunderstanding, he's talking about studs to attach the heads not the headers :)

On tti site says you can not use head studs is this true I was looking at the pics they have and could see why not anybody treid them.Randy

Give them a call and ask them "why". I used TTI headers in my 74 Duster with the supplied bolts. If I had studs in the heads it seems like it may have been difficult to get the headers passed the studs though probably not impossible.

FYI: My wife was nice enough to wrap each of the tubes with the supplied bubble wrap so the tubes didn't scratch during intallation. Also, make sure you have the car high enough! (I wasted a lot of time!)

Good Luck!

Yes I am wanting use head studs instead of head bolts the studs will have more clamping force and hold the 20#'s of boost I am going to put to it.

Yes I am wanting use head studs instead of head bolts the studs will have more clamping force and hold the 20#'s of boost I am going to put to it.

I don't see why you can't. I am pretty sure TTI is talking about the bolts to hold the headers on and not the bolts to hold the heads on.

-
Back