tti or dougs

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
I have a 71 dart with a 360 and power steering, 727. Was wondering what headers to get , where to get and what part numbers. Think I'll get either Doug's or tti..Doug's are cheaper then tti but how does each fit.

Either of those fit fine on the drivers side with power steering and an automatic, I did have a problem with my Doug's hitting the steering arm on the passenger side. My TTI shortys don't have this problem...

I have Doug's on the 340 in my Duster. They cleared everything but my torsion bars perfectly. I did have to put a small dimple in for the t-bars, but I also have 1.12" torsion bars. So, for any bars smaller than that they would have been a perfect fit. Car is set up with a Flaming river manual steering box and a 4 speed with all of the stock linkage, as well as a Milodon road race pan. It's tight down there!

Also, the Doug's give ~1/2" more ground clearance than the TTI's, which is one of the reasons I used them instead. Autozone frequently has a 20% discount available online, makes the Doug's even more of a bargain compared to the TTI's.

Do a search on dougs headers (edit thread is "Auto Zone discount") there was just a thread and some info where a few of us bought them, but I think the code(discount) is over

-
Back