Tti

-
I got my TTIs from Mancini racing. I don't know if they was the cheapest or not but they have a good rep.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/tuteenhe.html

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

I understand that all TTI vendors have a contract with TTI that says they all have to sell for the same price! or that there is a set price that they cannot go below! And that at the most you might be able to get a vendor to do is to knock out the shipping charges! This was a discussion not long ago on some site I was visiting or may have been on here.But that was what I was reading. May or may not be 100% true!

Bobby

I got mine from the Mopar Nats last year for $575. They were listed in their catalog for about $604 or maybe $637. Try Ebay or do a web search.

I am fortunate enough to live close enough to just pick up a set direct from tti, i saved a bunch on S&H. As far as not breaking in with them, I was told your engine at first exceeds the temp limit on the tti's therefore eating away at the coating and if not ruining the headers, then giving them a nasty burnt look.

Does tti ever have a vendor booth at a show near you? I ordered mine direct from tti at Spring Fling with a 10% show discount. Fortunately I live close enough I can pick them up at the factory when ready.

I understand that all TTI vendors have a contract with TTI that says they all have to sell for the same price! or that there is a set price that they cannot go below! And that at the most you might be able to get a vendor to do is to knock out the shipping charges! This was a discussion not long ago on some site I was visiting or may have been on here.But that was what I was reading. May or may not be 100% true!

Bobby

you are right. they all have to be within a certain pricing structure. msd is doing the same thing. it gives small parts places a chance at the market with guys like mancini, summit, etc. i think its a very fair way to go. i got mine from bob mazzolini racing in riverside, ca.

you are right. they all have to be within a certain pricing structure. msd is doing the same thing. it gives small parts places a chance at the market with guys like mancini, summit, etc. i think its a very fair way to go. i got mine from bob mazzolini racing in riverside, ca.

Summit dropped the Barry Grant (Demon Carbs, etc.) because they wouldn't give them a price break.

is it true you can't run tti when you break in a motor? why?

They get too hot and the coating gets faded and dull. I know first hand. Unless someone can give me a tip on shining these up .......the extra cost for the polished ceramic was a waste. I tried the cerma glow product but no shine.

I'll chime in with the same situation. Ordered mine last week at Spring Fling for the 10% discount, will pick-up to save transport. Have heard some shows where TTI gave 10% off and free shipping. Ordered mine uncoated, save the cost and send them out to someone like Jet Hot for a coating that is super, you can also have the inside coated which may(?) cut down on the outside temp. I did this with the TTI small block headers and they came out great, now doing it with the hemi headers.
Ron
'68 340 S Cuda
'68 Hemi Dart

-
Back