TTIs and oil filters?

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
What are most of you using for an oil filter setup with your TTI headers.

Shorty Filter only;
90 degree Adaptor with regular filter; or
Oil filter relocation kit?

Would like suggestions..I do have a relocation kit and 90 degree adaptor. I what to do it right the first time.
Thanks

I don't have TTi's but I do change my oil alot on the Dart. I got tired of it dripping all over the headers when I did, so I put a relocation kit on it.

It is really convenient and I will be putting one on anything I own with or without headers.

I have the 90 degree adaptor on my Dart. Yeah its a pain to do an oil change but I just pack a lot of old rags between the filter and the headers and deal with it. It actually isn't to bad really.

I got a billet adapter from Canton Racing and it connects to an adjustable adapter that has lines to a remote filter.

NOTE: I do not have the headers yet, but this is how I have the engine setup when it gets stuffed in.

I use a regular filter and a makeshift cardboard funnel to drain oil away from the headers.

DSC00123 (Small).JPG

Your car will enjoy the relocate kit! And so will you when it comes time to do a transfusion. :coffee2:

Hay Jimmy Boy! Have you named your car?
Have a talk with her and ask what she would like. :toothy7:

69signetv8 said:
What are most of you using for an oil filter setup with your TTI headers.

Shorty Filter only;
90 degree Adaptor with regular filter; or
Oil filter relocation kit?

Would like suggestions..I do have a relocation kit and 90 degree adaptor. I what to do it right the first time.
Thanks
Use NaPA 1068 ot Wix51068 straight on - no 90* adapter. drill 4 extra holes in the plate - and rags below the filter to catch the drips.

abodyjoe said:
i just run the short filter .. no 90* adapter
I too run the shorter of the 318 filters with no adapter and no problems.

I don't have TTI's but I run the 2.2/2.5 filter on my cars because they are very small and give me plenty of room, plus you can actually loosen the lower bellhousing bolt without taking off the filter. The filter is plenty big enough to filter out the dirt, I have a '90 Accliam with a 2.5 and it has 155,000 miles on the original motor. But is it made you uneasy you could change your filters twice for every oil change.

Chuck

I run the same filter as Chuck......1348 is the napa number. It's also the same filter that the Neon uses.

OK, thanks guys. It looks like I could go for any three of my options. HOWEVER, If you had a reloction kit....would you put it in? or sell it? :scratch:

-
Back