TTI'S + Oil Filter

-

71Duster

Reaction score
I already have TTI's on my 360 but putting in my 340 here soon and have thoughts on trashing the 90deg adapter. I know the filter can fit just curious how it sits up to the header.

IM000910.jpg

Is it tight on the bottom adam or does it just look that way?

All in all starting to think I'll ditch that 90deg adapter.

Plenty of room, Its just the angle. I had a 90* adapter and sold it.

I still use my 90 degree adapter,with my tti's it makes changing the filter a lot easier,comes right out through the top,properly sealed the adapters are leak free..

i have no problem getting the short filter on and off with my tti's.

i get to it from the top of the car..

My factory shop manual shows a 90deg adapter too what is needed to swap over to a straight on filter?

I still use my 90 degree adapter,with my tti's it makes changing the filter a lot easier,comes right out through the top,properly sealed the adapters are leak free..

amen brother...I think it's much easier. After I got it on the block, and got some of that insta-gasket, I never had a problem.

How many people have ditched the 90? I used the 90 with the TTI's and filters where easy enough to change I put a bag over it and took it off.

But it did leak on me once a new gasket set made it happy.

Just curious if a flate plate would be easier better flow etc.

I use the flat plate set up but drilled extra set of holes in between the existing ones to make it less restrictive, gotta keep that oil flowing ya' know

I've been drilling and chamfering an extra set of holes in my plates also.

As for the screw-in double-ended nipple that retains the plate and the filter screws onto, the one out of the 90* adapter will work.

If you are concerned about the proximity of the filter to the headers, there are 2 different "short" versions. I believe a Dodge Dakota V-6/V-8 version is a little shorter than the '70's V-8 versions.

on my 65 val i could not use the block straight set-up..had to use the 90 degree..frame clearance..the 90 is easy to change..what did you use for a starter..mine with a 4 speed and scattershield caused clearance issues..used a mc robb starter and no more problems..what your motor going in??

-
Back