Tube Control arms

-

Marko

Reaction score
Hey was wondering if the Tube upper control arms and Lowers that people are going with are street legal?? Seems like a good way to go and bolt on in original spots? Does it free up on more travel or help when installing extra components??

only one that i know of that makes a tube lower is cap. and i wouldn't put anything from them on my worst enemy's car. i know the upper arms from RMS are a nice piece. they will let ya adjust more caster into your alignment. with those and a set of their strut rods (http://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16167&cat=266&page=1) it really takes all the bind out of the suspension. i couldn't belive it when i saw it on my buddies road runner.

ok so it says :Uses 73-up style big balljoint, 72-older A-body spindles will not work
or can be machined to the larger taper

So What do i have to do to my 71 demon to make just the uppers work i'll lleave the lowers alone then And Do people go rod ends or bushing? Or will i need to get new spindles but what do i have to do wheel wise if i change those???

ok so it says :Uses 73-up style big balljoint, 72-older A-body spindles will not work
or can be machined to the larger taper

So What do i have to do to my 71 demon to make just the uppers work i'll lleave the lowers alone then And Do people go rod ends or bushing? Or will i need to get new spindles but what do i have to do wheel wise if i change those???

if ya send the spindles to rms i think he will drill them out for ya. give them a call

I think he's asking if they are D.O.T approved,hence legal.

People will sell you stuff you cant legally install.

only one that i know of that makes a tube lower is cap. and i wouldn't put anything from them on my worst enemy's car. i know the upper arms from RMS are a nice piece. they will let ya adjust more caster into your alignment. with those and a set of their strut rods (http://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16167&cat=266&page=1) it really takes all the bind out of the suspension. i couldn't belive it when i saw it on my buddies road runner.

Just curious, but what's wrong with CAP? I recently put upper and lower control arms plus their adjustable strut rods on my car. Their directions were definitely lacking, and I really didn't enjoy the powder coating on the inside of the t-bar cup, but they looked like good products. The strut rods took forever to get adjusted right though, and I definitely wouldn't do that again.

Just curious about your experience...

Just curious, but what's wrong with CAP? I recently put upper and lower control arms plus their adjustable strut rods on my car. Their directions were definitely lacking, and I really didn't enjoy the powder coating on the inside of the t-bar cup, but they looked like good products. The strut rods took forever to get adjusted right though, and I definitely wouldn't do that again.

Just curious about your experience...

hear too many bad things about them. search here about them here

Ok awesome cuz i'd like to get those once i'm done with my body work...but soon as its warm i'm welding in my floor and then sandblasting the whole front end

-
Back