tubular k frames

-

74demon

Reaction score
geting to the point on my build where i need to decide on what im going to do on the front question is are the tubular k frame worth it i have a regular v8 k frame but i plan on running mid high tens just want to be sure it will hold up thanks jim (sorry if this has bin answered million times just didn't see it in my search)

if all your doing is the 1/4 mile a stock set up is fine. keep an eye on the ball joints. the tube front ends will reduce weight though.

if you have the coin and you havent gottin that far on your build i.e. cage. I would look into a strut front clip, specialy if you plan on back halfing the car, you can possibly buy the whole frame in one shot.

what is the weight difference? im doing a fiberglass front end and deck lid full int 440 stroked

what is the weight difference? im doing a fiberglass front end and deck lid full int 440 stroked

That depends on what kit you get and options like a sway bar or rack and pinion.

The one Mancini sells made buy CAP uses the stock T bars and takes off around 50 pounds or so.

The AlterK around 100-120 pounds and uses coilovers.

The one from Magnumforce clames 100-150 pounds.

A mustang two style front end would be the lightest but not the best choice for a street car to be running. It would be more for a drag only car.

maybe i will stick with what i got seem to do just fine back in your guys day lol by the way im only 22

When the tube K setup cost more than what you paid for your car (as in my case) I can't justify spending that kind of cash.

I agree Wes. Seems there are a few upgrades to the stock front. Besides the stock set up was good enough for 30-40 years ago. Roads and aftermarket parts has improved in that time.

that was another reason why i wanted to get some opinions on that i make good money and still live at home but dont want to spend unneeded money think im just gonna stick witht the stock k frame and get tubular control arms and such

-
Back