TUESDAY NIGHT in San Francisco

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=27105

Yeah, I'll beat this one loud and clear too.... Me and my Wife Amy are visiting San Francisco this week and we're trying to organized a get-together on Tuesday night after dinner. Since I'm not too familiar with the area I figured somewhere near the Wharf might be a good meeting spot. I've been in touch with Steve (redfastback) and we're meeting up. The more, the merrier!

C`mon gang! We leave EARLY tomorrow morning and we should be good and punchy by tomorrow evening. Fun time guaranteed! ;)

Sorry John. Can't make it tomorrow. It's something I would definitely like to attend but it is my gf b-day tomorrow and we have dinner reservations.

Enjoy your stay in SF! How long will you be out here for?

-STAN

John, I believe I can make it. Joyce will be busy tomorrow night but that gives me a little time to have a cocktail with some FABO'ers. Is Steve making the call on the location? If so, let me know where and when and I will try my best to be there.

John, I believe I can make it. Joyce will be busy tomorrow night but that gives me a little time to have a cocktail with some FABO'ers. Is Steve making the call on the location? If so, let me know where and when and I will try my best to be there.

I haven't heard back from Steve yet, but I have his cell number. I think we're playing it loose and fast as no plans have been made yet. Hopefully tonight we'll figure out where & when. Just remember, I'm using mass transit to get around while I'm out there.

No retal car on this visit.
burnout-vi.jpg

We'll be in S.F. until Saturday, but this IS a family visit so I'm not at liberty to roam about like a punk off his lease..... Unfortunately, Tuesday night is the night I can do it. At least I'll meet some of you!

I'd like to know exactly waht time and where too. I'd like to come and with my son but he cant enter bars which would hold everyone back :( We dont wanna be party poopers :p Parking is another question. Parking garages around the Wharf but not a lot of street parking and not a lot of us are gonna wanna leave our "classics" unattended in a parking garage...??? Or are we just bringing our daily rides? If your visiting family do they live in a residential area where we could gather on the street or some highrise apt? Be nice if we could find a location/establishment that could accomidate parking and we could keep an eye on our prizes. Ideas anyone?

Well, we could skip cocktails and go right to dessert. I go to Mel's Drive-In (as in Mel's of American Graffiti fame) quite a bit. This is the location on Lombard St. (you know the windiest street in the world ... supposedly) and still relatively close to the wharf area - just a quick taxi ride. We can talk Mopars over some apple pie or chocolate malts (or burgers for those who haven't had dinner yet). Also, the parking lot is right in view from the restaurant. Food for thought.

Here's the Mels (Lombard St.) site address:
http://www.melsdrive-in.com/hoursandlocations/lombardstreet.html

I thought you might like that suggestion. ;-) I am 99.9% I will be there in my slightly lowered white Ram.

Hey Thrashard, I hear they specialize in girlfriend birthday dinners at Mels. ;-)

me the lady(pinky) and my buddy(kingcuda) are showing up. we'll get our grub there. we may show up in 1 cuda or the other, a pink stude, or just a stupid honda.

me the lady(pinky) and my buddy(kingcuda) are showing up. we'll get our grub there. we may show up in 1 cuda or the other, a pink stude, or just a stupid honda.

Dude... car-jack somethin. Just BE THERE. I enjoy putting faces and personalities to screen names. Bringing your cars is a bonus! Again... the more, the merrier. Plus we can raise hell and not get thrown out if we're a big enough group spending money. :wink:

And I will have my trusty old digital camera to capture the priceless moments. :D

Sorry John. Can't make it tomorrow. It's something I would definitely like to attend but it is my gf b-day tomorrow and we have dinner reservations.

-STAN

Too bad Stan. You should definitely take care of the girlfriend first. I'm sure she's exposed to enough car-stuff that even suggesting a car-related function on her birthday will guarantee you months of a living hell.

Not to mention reverting back to adolescent past times....
eck24.gif

-STAN

So what would happen if those reservations all of a sudden changed to a restaurant like Izzys (a very nice place which happens to be only 2-3 blocks away from Mels)? And just suppose, that you suggest having dessert somewhere else just because you are being spontanious on her birthday? And just suppose (and of course, just by coincidence) you run into other FABO members about to enjoy some dessert as well? What are the odds? ;-)

AHAHA! You funny, funny guys! :happy7:

John, you hit the nail on the head. My girl was patient enough putting up with not 1 but 2 A-bodies.

GTXperience, believe me when I say that if my dinner resi was in the city, I would definitely find a way to swing by. But we have reservations at Alexander's in Cupertino.

Oh, I believe you. You two have a wonderful time.

I agree.... treat the Lady right on her Birthday. Besides, my Brother-in-law lives out there. We'll be back....:wink:

As you can see, I'm up at 5:30 am EST to get ready for the whole boarding circus at JFK airport. See you guys tonight!

I apologise for not making it. Senior field trip to Yosemite and tonight was the general meeting for students and parents that my wife reminded me of as I was explaining this great evening we were gonna have eating at an old time diner setting. Meeting new friends :) Next thing I know I'm sitting in an auditorium...hehe! There will be another time. I hope you all had a great time and I cant wait to see the pictures. Hope you and the wife Fastback340 experience a wonderful trip and visit with family.

Cuda12, we wondered what happened to you. I am sure there will be another get-together in the near future. Here's a pic of the FABO crew in front of Mel's Drive-In on Lombard St. (which if you go one way, it takes you to the crookedest street in the world and if you go the other way, it takes you to the entrance to the Golden Gate Bridge). Left to right is: Redfastback, GTXperience, FASTBACK340, Mrs. FASTBACK340, Mrs. Redfastback (aka: Pinky) & Kingcuda.

You know folks, if you travel and get the chance to meet up with others that have a common interest (like some of the wonderful people on FABO) do so ... you won't regret it. We had a great time! John, thanks for suggesting we get together.

IMG_0955.jpg

Hey, what a great bunch of good looking people there.
Have fun John!

BtW: Steve gave each of us two (black, white) t-shirts from his shop. Wore the white one yesterday and I will be wearing the black one at Fall Fling. Look for the big billboard walking around that says Classics by Steve on it. Thanks again Steve.

It was great meeting up with everyone! Amy & myself had a blast.... I'll post pictures later. MUCH later. Like, TOMORROW later. We just got in and let me tell you, it's good to be home.
First we're off to grab a bite to eat, then sleeeeeeeeeeep......:sleepy2:

-
Back