tuff wheel adapter/extension?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
i just installed my grant repop tuff wheel (http://www.grantproducts.com/products/view/88/). i have a nice little gap because the cap? or what ever on the back of the wheel doesnt match up to the column

photo-1.jpg

what do i do to fix this?? is there some adapter i can get that tapers or covers the gap? the wheel also seems awfully close to the column, so i was hoping there would the an adapter than would fit between the wheel and the column an push the wheel out towards the driver like 2" or so?

thanks and if you have links, id greatly appreciate it!

thats looks like the wrong adapter for that wheel. the one that i saw when i bought my wheel was 2" tall but was ugly as hell. the best bet to make it fit right and to look right is to use a factory rimblow adapter. it fits and looks 100% better then the grant adapters..

tuffwheel003.jpg

tuffwheel010.jpg

I think you got the wrong thing. my black cover piece fits the column fine.

IMG_1140.jpg

The grant spacer kind of looks like what I've seen in challengers and cudas.
As for the grant spacer not looking good, I disagree but each to his own i suppose.

Will that one fit too? I don't like that its a rubber cover but at this point I don't care. I dint wanna spend $80 on a stupid spacer

Hope not to make anybody mad but I have a question about installing an adapter. I just recently got an adapter so I could add the tuff wheel to my car. I have a 70 Dart but the steering column is out of a 71 Duster manual column. I just came in from the garage and cannot get the adapter to go on the steering column at all. So what am I doing wrong?

Hope not to make anybody mad but I have a question about installing an adapter. I just recently got an adapter so I could add the tuff wheel to my car. I have a 70 Dart but the steering column is out of a 71 Duster manual column. I just came in from the garage and cannot get the adapter to go on the steering column at all. So what am I doing wrong?

what adapter are you using? the ribbed one or the one in the pic I posted?

look at the first pics that AbodyJoe posted. Does yours look like the bottom of the one in the pics

Threads look okay and my adapter and wheel look just like the one ABODYJOE is holding up with his hand. I just bought the grant version
of the tuff wheel.

Another thing to look out for on the factory adapters, is that for a car there is one wide spline (master spline) so that it only goes on one way. Tuff wheels came on 4x4 Warlock, and Macho Power Wagon trucks, and there adapters don't have the wide spline and will not fit a car.

Now that is the info that I needed but did not want to here. Cause that is exactly what my problem is then. Cause there is a flat spot on the column shaft but not on the adapter. I wich I would have known that before I spent the money on the adapter. Thank you very much for that info.

I have a complete column out of a 71 cuda, will the wheel and adapter fit?

I don't think you got the right parts. Mine fit with no gap.

Attachments

• dart int.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 643
-
Back