Tunnel Ram Throttle Cable/Linkage

-

matthon

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good quality in-line throttle linkage for a tunnel ram dual quad set up that can work with the stock throttle cable?

The one I have from Summit is many years old and is now bending when I hit the gas.
I see a ton of sideways mount style that are low enough for the stock cable.

A longer throttle cable that pulled directly behind the rear carb would be nice, but I don't think there is room. It's a big block, the front throttle is above the hood, the rear even with the hood.

My other thought was to replace the current rod with a steel piece, but even the T piece is probably bending, or at least stressed, and my thought is pulling from a low point is stressing the cable as well.

Anyone else had this issue?

I used a cable from a caravan, it's pretty long, I think I still have one and can measure it if you are interested.

Sure, can't hurt.
Did you use it for a tunnel ram?

Are you stuck on the stock throttle cable? I would convert to the lokar cable and throttle bracket. On my tunnelram I made my own Inline throttle linkage.
Just get two 1/4 or 5/16 hime Joints and same size solid steel bar stock. Just use a Dye and cut threads for the size you need. It was real easy and cheep to make. I never had a problem with it bending etc

F59F6D19-9DC4-4999-8A88-1D942E47923D.png

336776F5-24BC-4E11-9BA7-2F60BD192460.png

I believe this is off of a 80's caravan 2.2, OAL is 43" outer is 34.5 might be a little long but you have to do some measuring. Has a square end like chevy.

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3575.JPG

It's for sale if you think you could use it. the big outer part is just foam and you could cut it off if you wanted.

Not stuck on stock throttle cable at all, it just didn't look like there was enough room to bring the cable up, and have a bracket there too, without cutting the hoid back to the firewall.

Looks like you got it done w/o issues. I like the diy inline linkage, I'll have to fab one up.

Did the lokar cable replace the stock one without modifying anything?

If you know the part #s that would help.

Not stuck on stock throttle cable at all, it just didn't look like there was enough room to bring the cable up, and have a bracket there too, without cutting the hoid back to the firewall.

Looks like you got it done w/o issues. I like the diy inline linkage, I'll have to fab one up.

Did the lokar cable replace the stock one without modifying anything?

If you know the part #s that would help.
Yes the lokar one just bolts right in wear the stock one goes. The lokar has a nut that you unscrew off the cable. Push the cable through the factory hole in the fire wall and then just install the nut and tighten it up. I might not if explained it very good but once you have the cable in your hands you will see what I am talking about. Here is the two parts you will need. These are in stainless but they make the cable in Black that is a little cheaper I think.

4C01A76D-D209-470F-B603-0A5D40CCEAEE.png

1EF0AC16-5FC9-44F5-8295-3A15D848FA0C.png

Also I don’t know if you can see it that great in the the pic. But I used the same throttle cable that I used with my inline carbs that I also used with the carbs mounted sideways

Thank you very much for supplying this information, exactly what I needed.

I was piecing together linkage and found this on Jegs for $26.99. They have 2 versions, one adjustable 6-9 inches, the other 9-12. Need to measure to be sure.
Has good reviews, familiar with the end joints but never used them.

The cable is worth the $55, of course as I have the FiTech the cable bracket is $73.99!

Screenshot_20180619-111705.png

-
Back