Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
I think Josh Kings green one is in there. Ive never seen a vid of it making a full pass though.

If it is his, I know of the car from the other sites. Nice car but as you say I haven't seen a full pass either.

I stand corrected. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY3zKnAUhqQ"]Street Driven Turbo Duster - YouTube[/ame]

Was bangin' out pretty bad on the big end! I bet it gets eights easy.

Well,
I started some tuning and found that my Uego has an issue. Sent it in to get repaired or replaced. Good thing is it's still under warranty as far as the gauge. AEM tech said the Bosch o2 is not covered??? It didn't even have 15 minutes run time on it. No more until I get that back. Trans seems to work well with the 2800 stall. Can't wait to get serious with it!!

Hows it coming?

Slow!
I just got the Uego back a couple days ago. I haven't had a chance to work on the Cuda. I have several jobs I am working on to pay the bills so it has to be put outside under cover. Repairing a couple of wrecked cars for neighbors and had a couple of Chebbies show up for semi-restoration. I need my shop to paint in. Just finished a couple of golf carts and expecting another 67 Rs Camaro vert, 68 Charger and a 68 Sport Fury to show up pretty quick too. The owners of a 67 Rs/SS I have had for a while finally opened up their pocketbook so its at the media blasters and expecting it back Friday. It is a nut and bolt restoration on a 80,000 mile original.

Work is begining to flood in! I may be able to continue to work here at home since there is no luck finding employment elsewhere. I have always wanted to be on my own anyway. No more JERK bosses!! Well, except for the wife LoL...

My (Retired) buddy has a lift at his shop and he has quite a bit of time on his hands. I am going over there tomorrow so I will ask him what he is gonna want to get those damn oil leaks fixed since I don't have the time to mess with it. Maybe, just maybe he will take care of that for me so it won't simmer on the back burner too long.

As soon as I can I will post any updates as they happen!

Well, my buddy called me about tidying up my Cuda! He too has a need! I love how some things work out..... He just bought a 2008 Dodge 3500 dually and it has a crashed rear fender and bedside from a blowout. My cup of tea! Lol! Horsetrade!!! Lol!! He has to finish wiring his Superbee then help his son move somewhere in Indianna. As soon as he gets back he will pick up the Cuda and take care of any mechanical issues, specifically the oil leaks. That and change the rear gears for me. Man that was a BIG help. I just don't have the time to mess with it right now.

Wow! First time the Cuda has seen sunlight in over 2 years LoL! She is on her way to rehab. If I didn't send her away I think I may have sold her!!

Attachments

• 1st sun in 2 years.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 908
Well Damn!!
I got a call a few minutes ago, bad news.

We have been getting severe storms in the area. My buddy called freaking out. A tornado touched down in his backyard! Uprooted alot of trees and threw them hitting the shop and house. He was in the shop working on my car when it all happened. Something hit my car. I think he said a press? I will be going over tomorrow to take a look. I'm kinda scared too ......He is pretty upset about it. All I could say is that he was unhurt and that is all that matters at this point.

I need 2 Aleve!!!!!!

LoL!!!!
I show up at my buddies shop today and notice several trees down. I walk in the shop and the Cuda is on the lift. He dropped it down and to my amazement there is a small dent in the left 1/4 about the size of a silver dollar! I just laughed it off. Had me fricken sleepless thinking the worst!! Geeeez......

He should be done here in a couple of weeks!

Dropped by my buddies shop today. He has been working steady on the Cuda. The trans had to be pulled since the rear cam plug was leaking. He has the battery mounted in the trunk and a safety switch installed. He has decided to install a set of subframe connectors and a driveshaft loop. He was tinkering with the timing and burned himself a little on the turbine housing. Screaming at me about a turbine blanket lol... I warned him!! He has a few other things he wants to do to it.

While I was there he showed me his new toy. He picked up a 1962 Chrysler Newport Vert. Pretty sweet ride! Factory 383 with dual 4bbl carbs, Pushbutton auto, black on black on black. Gonna be a fun car!

Can't wait to get the Cuda back!!!!

Forgot to mention he ran dual 3" pipe out like the old AAR Cuda's had right in front of the rear wheels with a bologna cut. Sounds weird though! Later I will get them out the rear valance where they are suppose to be with the square tips. Gotta find the right "Quiet" mufflers first.

So it runs? And it's ready for some laps? Lol

Runs, yes. Ready for laps??? Good question. Soon!

Our local track was closed due to noise pollution! One of those Houston lawyers owns a home not to far from the track and sued for like the third time. Just another prick with nothing better to do. That track was there 30 years before there were any houses around! The first suit caused a huge wall to be built to help control the sound but to the lawyer it wasn't enough.

We are trying to get a petition going to reopen the track. We are thinking there should be some sort of clause grandfathered somewhere in the past??

For future reference,
if you purchase a 440Source girdle be sure to sand the gold coating off the girdle before installation. The sealant stuck to the block but not the girdle. One other issue, the bolts that were supplied with the girdle are too long and broke through the rear main seal retainer. The rear main seal retainer wasn't milled with the block so the rear of the girdle wasn't flush with the panrail.
Geeez, another "Forrest" moment.

Attachments

• 1girdle.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 727
  • 2girdle.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 718
Sounds like it fitslike every other aftermarket part,Ie;not at all! Lol,many is the time I have tried to bolt on an aftermarket whatever,only to discover it needs work first..

Sounds like it fitslike every other aftermarket part,Ie;not at all! Lol,many is the time I have tried to bolt on an aftermarket whatever,only to discover it needs work first..

I paid extra at the machine shop to "Fit" the girdle. I assure you that is the "Last" time I use that particular shop! The sealant not sticking to the girdle is on me but the rear main seal retainer is on them. They lost my original girdle so the one on it may not even be what I paid for??? It looked the same!

My buddy sent a few pics.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 689
  • photo (1).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 675
  • photo (2).JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 678
-
Back