Turbo 440 duster

-
Thanks for info blown71. Have you thought about posting a link to a video of this thing running yet? I'd really like to hear it.

That thing got a Hemi in it? is now so lame.
Get you some emblems that say "440 Kompressor".:bootysha:
This car is magazine material.

Thanks for info blown71. Have you thought about posting a link to a video of this thing running yet? I'd really like to hear it.

I will try to get one posted, This computer is on its last leg, I can't even do a search or it will lock, will post a video when I get it fixed.
Thanks for the compliments

With that turbo and say only 20 lbs with the right cam and heads, 1000 hp should be somewhat easy. Imports with 3.0L motors need 40+ psi and alcohol to make that much. David Freiburger (The F-Bomb Camaro) made that much with 14 psi on a 400 Chev. A 440 should be easy; but what do I know?

i didnt see no build of this car on ttf.com? sounds good. im so glad i can still hear the mopar engine sound with the single turbo. i am a bit sceptic on wheather mine would still sound mopar or not.

i didnt see no build of this car on ttf.com? sounds good. im so glad i can still hear the mopar engine sound with the single turbo. i am a bit sceptic on wheather mine would still sound mopar or not.
Lets see it? What do you have?

Got the rear tires mounted today,17x11 wheels with 275/55r17 tires they are 28.9" tall to fill out the duster wheelhousing.

100_2832.jpg

100_2829.jpg

Is the 80mm turbo gonna be big enough? I was gonna run twin t-70s but If the S-400 will work I would rather use that. I am gonna call crower and see if they can make me a solid lifter cam with these specs. I am running .633 lift now. This should sound good..

The cam is a comp solid roller with 230/230 @ .050 duration and .590/.590 lift and 114 LSA.

Still trying to find off the shelf pistons for my 78cc heads. May have to go with 9.5-1 compression.. just less boost I guess.

If I had to do it over I would go with twin 70mm with .96 housings. Mainly because it would be easier to run two 3 inch downpipes.
I am going to try the S480 and if it doesn't make me happy then I will upgrade to a bigger single.
The car is strictly a street car though and because I am running a stock block I was shooting for 7-800hp, If I decide to go with a bigger turbo I will build a different engine starting with a world block. I am building it more pro-touring and with a 46rh overdrive tranny so I can drive long distances comfortable.
It should be a fun street car though :-D

016.jpg

Nice, real nice. I admire your talent and preference. Good job!!!Keep us posted on your progress:cheers:

-
Back