Turbo Action Cheetah Question

-

71_340

Reaction score
Getting ready to upgrade my shifter (currently B&M Starshifter). I narrowed my choices to either a Turbo Action Cheetah or B&M Quicksilver shifter.

I know that the cable routing on the TA is better, but I had several B&Ms and know how to route the cable properly. Never burned one since I use a protective heat sleeve as well. Money is not the deciding factor, looks and ergonomics are.

What I like to know is, how tall is the TA Cheetah when installed in a A-body car (73 Swinger)? How is the shift feel and ease of operation? I also like to know if I can take the switch and housing of the lever as I have no use for it.

So, if you run a TA shifter please answer my questions. Thanks!

The Turbo Action is far superior. I have two race cars, both equip with the T/A.

Thanks for all the input.

I am sure the T/A is more functional in a race car, mine is just driven on the street ocassionally. It isn't near fast enough to take it to the track.

The T/A is way nicer then any B&M Ive ever used. Just a sturdier shiftrt, easy to use, shifts smooth

You cant go wrong with the Turbo Action Cheetah the best ever made its stupid proff you will never missa shift and they last for ever

When I break my Hurst I will put in a Turbo Action Cheetah

Well, like everything else...............a matter of opinion. I never had a TA so I can't speak for it. I did have Quicksilvers in two cars and liked them, they shifted smooth enough for me, a matter of routing the cable properly.

im curious how you routed your cable. i have a quicksilver that i modified and put thru the console. do you have any pictures?

DSCI0053.jpg

mine is just driven on the street ocassionally. It isn't near fast enough to take it to the track.

I have thousand and thousands of street miles on 3 scs shifters.... still better than every shifter i tried, 2 of them are still perfect after 20+ years of use

Well, I did return the B&M to Summit Racing and get it exchanged for a TA SCS and the optional console (without switches).

I was looking at the pictures mopardude318 posted here and I like the looks and where it is positioned in relation to the seats. I just have to figure out how I do the brackets, welding isn't really an option because my interior is completely assembled and new. Probably make similar brackets but bolt them to the side of the driveshaft hump and hope that the console hides most of it.

I hope I'll like the shifter as much as everybody else. It sure costs a pretty penney.

Thanks for everybody's input and I will post some pictures once installed.

I run a Hurst Promatic 2 and will soon be switching it out for a Cheetah. I like the looks and everyone I have asked has told me the same thing, they love em.

Had a Cheetah for years. Really wish they made one for a 4l80e. Winters, same gated design does so all is not lost....

So I'm looking at this as well but have a few questions. I don't need any switch on the shifter does that STS have to have it? I think the base looks fine but the top of that shifter handle and switch setup looks like it came out of a 82 onmi. Has anybody made that shifter look better somehow with different knobs or removing the switch?

Not to hijack, just have 1 Q about these shifters too. is there any type of spring mechanism to move the shifter left/right for next shift?

mine's mounted straight to the tunnel. I also trimmed the bottom cover just a little to fit the contour of the tunnel a little better.

yes, the gates are sprung.

Attachments

• 0627121741c.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 432
-
Back