Turbo Action Torque Converters

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Are they still in business? I've tried calling them and the phone just rings and rings. I wanted to buy a torque converter from them since I had good luck with their 17805st converter but even summit shows the part is no longer available.

They are still around, I just called there a month ago. They do work weird hours and the converter guy only works like 5hrs a day and no Fridays.

The 8.5" TQ I have and are currently using was built by a former employee in Jacksonville FL. It is well over 30 years old!

Yes Paul Forte is still in business at Turbo Action. I was keeping in contact with him pretty regularly last season as we tried a spragless converter in my car and he wanted to know how it worked for me. His hours are 1pm-4 or 5pm. That’s usually when he is available to talk on the phone. I know he is getting up there in age and after losing his wife, he has slowed down a lot. He finally got his car back on the track this year after years of sitting so being that he’s in florida, he may be back to racing which is why it’s hard to get a hold of him.

In my opinion his converters are still great pieces and I’m happy to see people out there wanting to run them.

Just an update for everyone, I did reach someone on the phone but they are having a hard time getting cores so they didnt have an 11 inch hemi style converter or a 10 inch converter to sell to me. Those were the only two I was interested in so I didn't ask what they had on the shelf.

They didn't give me an estimated time of when they would have them in stock. Bummer.

If only they brought back the old "J" convertor for the big blocks. THAT was the ticket
Only have 2 left in stock. None for sale. They are very efficient pieces. I've had them in big blocks and small blocks, worked well in either for me.

I have a "J". It was in my hemi 67 wagon. This summer I'm selling a LOT of stuff. Gotta dig it all outta my shop. Probably do Carlisle, Columbus, and Norwalk.

Just an update for everyone, I did reach someone on the phone but they are having a hard time getting cores so they didnt have an 11 inch hemi style converter or a 10 inch converter to sell to me. Those were the only two I was interested in so I didn't ask what they had on the shelf.

They didn't give me an estimated time of when they would have them in stock. Bummer.
Damn that’s a bummer

I've been wanting a 3500 tight.... I have a 3000 B@M holeshot, Mint, maybe the Bros a Tampa Torque Converter can "tighten" it up.... they were in it once .. felt bad foe charging me

-
Back