Turbo Manifold

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone who has and can make me a turbo manifold out of a stock exhaust manifold. I am going to be running a 2.2 turbo off of a Daytona. So if there is someone out there with the ability that can build it for me obviously I would pay for the part and the service. I can weld a little but I am not good enough to weld pot metal. If someone would help me out I would be appreciative. It will be going into a truck so there is all kinds of room.

Thanks
Jeff

Might be easiest to just mount it where the battery resides in an A-Body and run a piece of pipe from the stock manifold to the turbo. Find a picture of Shaker223's ride, that's how he did it before he built a header. It's called a J-Pipe (I think).

I hope you are running a Garret, not a Mitsu turbo. The Mitsubishi turbo has really tiny exhaust inlet, but the garret should work fine if you aren't looking for 20 psi of boost.

I have some flanges cut for a stock Chrysler turbo, if you want one. As I recall, you have to dril and tape the holes, but it would give you a start.

I'm looking for someone who has and can make me a turbo manifold out of a stock exhaust manifold. I am going to be running a 2.2 turbo off of a Daytona. So if there is someone out there with the ability that can build it for me obviously I would pay for the part and the service. I can weld a little but I am not good enough to weld pot metal. If someone would help me out I would be appreciative. It will be going into a truck so there is all kinds of room.

Thanks
Jeff

In view of the fact that stock, cast iron /6 exhaust manifolds are prone to cracking, I like the J-pipe idea a lot. I'd suggest you look into that. Cracking cast iron would not be something you'd want to deal with, and it's a lot more likely with a turbo hanging on it...

Well now how does that work with running cooling lines and oil lines and what not if that battery is all the way the heck up by the battery area. Also I just found out I have a line on a really cheap header for a slant. I am pretty sure it is a Hooker but not exactly sure. The very bottom near the collector is rusted through so I though it would be a good candidate for possibly making into a turbo manifold. My main concern with that is if I have a two piece header that is welded to one piece where the turbo collector would be would that cause problems? Also Dion I would be very interested in getting at least one if not two of those from you if you dont mind. What is the cost on them? Feel free to call me so we can discuss that part.

Thanks
Jeff

Here's a picture of Shaker223's setup. Hope he doens't mind me linking it. It's the only setup, when he was using a cast iron exhaust. Click on the album, you will have to find the picture I couldn't get it to just display.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18510442@N02

I assume you just run lines from where ever you tap into the water and oil, to the turbo. Seemed to work for him.

I will give you a call tomorrow. Sorry, too late tonight.

-
Back