Turbo olds

-
I like the picture of the passenger wing with the roadrunner sticker on it. Kinda makes me wonder what the backstory on that is.

Attachments

• 059-1962-oldsmobile-jetfire-barnfind-.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 195
I'm guessing he had a mopar buddy sneak up and install that when he wasn't looking

Thanks for sharing.! Shocked, it wasn't drag car modified... Imagine that ,with E85 & tweaking...

Wonder if it has the aluminum block engine as well.

According to the article, it is an aluminum block.

MY GF's father had one he worked on for someone else when I was about 14. Tan with an automatic trans. The 3 pedal versions were even more rare.

NIICE! I got to be honest, if I had to pick another "brand" of car other then any of the Mopar family, I'm an Olds guy in-da-closet...... WAS the best part of GM, and well piss on Ferd!

That's actually the little 215 Buick aluminum nailhead motor. Although it was a Buick motor, Olds marketed and sold it too.

Neat mills.. GM hiccuped ,selling the rights to Land /Range Rover.

But at least SOMEBODY kept making them and up until real recently too. GREAT motor for a rat rod or hot rod.

Yeah RRR. Brother has two blocks. He had an old Chevy LUV pickup brand new years ago. He pulled out the 4 banger and stuffed one of those in it, and went bracket racing.

I bet that was a fun little truck. I have always kinda wanted to do a little 215.

He sold the truck, but now there is an Opel GT to replace it. He needs to make room in his garage and start work, that Olds engine is going in it.

Ahhh, does this thread bring back memories ---

After I 'decimated' the block in 'tinfish 1' , I needed a cheeeep d/d,

Wound up with a '63 F85 'no post' 2 door--- 215 4 bbl option 2 speed reverse
shift pattern auto --- $50 & did not run ---

The local Auto Body Boys called the car 'Lazarus' . as I raised it from the dead
for $ 28.52 in brake components, the body however... maybe, maybe, had 2 sq feet
of surface area without an dent or crease !!! LMAO !!!

What sticks in My mind however is how 'cartoon fast' it was !!! (up to about 70 mph)
When the absent third gear should have kicked in ! LOL !!!

Good times, good times !!!

-
Back