Turn indicators on the top of fenders

-

Silent Thunder

Reaction score
I have a 71 duster and I'm thinking of adding the turn signal indicators on top of the fenders. Since my car does not have them I would need to know where to drill the holes. Where can I find some measurements?

if my car didn't have 6" of snow on it right now :)violent1:) I'd measure it for you- hopefully someone chimes in, or I might be able to do it tomorrow.

tried to pull one off, and it wouldn't come- the rubber part is stuck to the paint pretty good (and my back is too sore to get in there and try to push it out), so I measured the actual housing.
The center of it is 1 9/16" from the inner edge of the fender.
And if you measure from right where the fender starts back, it's 5 15/16" back to the front edge of the indicator.
Not sure if that's enough for you to go on, but it's the best I can do right now...

That is a big help. What are everyone's thoughts on the look of these. I understand the early ones did not have a screw on top?? Is this correct?

I always loved the fender mounted indicators. I hope to put them on my car one day.

I like 'em -and mine saved a set of sunglasses one time (I stopped to talk to some buddies one day, sat there for a while, cruised some more, went home- the next morning I noticed I'd left my shades behind the marker, and they were still sitting there lol:glasses7:)

I've never cared for those.
The fender mounted turn signals on a VW Beatle are pointed the right way. LOL

Beware! There are three styles of Mopar fender mounted turn signals out there that are not model specific. The most correct for your car is the box style (lays along fender) that requires 3 holes; 1 for the stud, 1 for the electric lead, and one for the screw the goes into the assembly through the bottom of the fender.

The next in line looks like the first but does have a stud. It requires two holes; one for the electrical lead & one for the screw that goes through the assembly and is secured in the fender.

The third type is bullet shaped and mounts on a small pedestal on the fender. I've seem them, but other than knowing they mount from under the fender I can't tell you anything else about them.

bullet style requires 3 hole also:

Attachments

• Picture 185 (Large).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 138
-
Back