Turn Signal Indicators and High Beam Indicator Blink w/ Parking Lights On?

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
I plugged my cluster back in after doing the ammeter bypass and found that the two turn signal indicators and the high beam indicator in the dash will blink slowly when the parking lights or headlights are on. If the lights are off it doesn't do it.
1972 Dart non-rallye dash.
Has anyone run into this before?
Thanks,
Jon

I plugged my cluster back in after doing the ammeter bypass and found that the two turn signal indicators and the high beam indicator in the dash will blink slowly when the parking lights or headlights are on. If the lights are off it doesn't do it.
1972 Dart non-rallye dash.
Has anyone run into this before?
Thanks,
Jon
Yup, more than likely you have a weak ground on yor parking lights. Clean the ground wires for the front parking lights, the tail lights and your body ground connection.

Is the instrument panel installed to make its chassis ground or hanging from the harness connecters ?

It's just hanging out right now. I was looking at the diagram to see where the cluster grounded, but I didn't see a wire. I guess that would explain it it if grounds through the housing.
-Jon

It's just hanging out right now. I was looking at the diagram to see where the cluster grounded, but I didn't see a wire. I guess that would explain it it if grounds through the housing.
-Jon

Try to remember... evrything on the car is chassis grounded. I hope your gauge voltage limiter isn't fryed.

-
Back