Turn Signal Issue

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Okay, well, my front signals have been working great w/no issues. One day the pass side front signal quits, but gave no indication on the fender top signal or dash light. All of a sudden it starts working again.
A few days later both front stop working.
Well I go to change both bulbs out and the pass side is definitely shot now, but the driver still looks new. I change them both anyways.

Go to test them and the pass side works like a charm.
The driver side however, is very dim, but, the catcher....when the drive side signal is on, both signals light up barely, where you can barely see them!!
The driver side is also indicating a burnt bulb on the fender top mount and the dash when the parking lights are on.

It's got me confused because I put brand new bulbs in and the electrical side of things were working perfect. All wires are wrapped and in that plastic conduit stuff.

Any suggestions?? I don't see any bare wires. Could it be the signal cam stuff in the column??

That is a ground issue, and you can start by using a piece of wire with one end grounded and touch the metal part of the socket with the other end.
When you touch the light that lost it's ground it should start working normally.

Then just backtrack where it gets it's ground from.

Okay, well before I had a chance to "look" into it, it fixed itself, which tells me I've got something loose or possibly a wire with cracked insulation.

-
Back