Turn Signal Lights on, all the time

-

ClarkDart70

Street Machines Limited
Reaction score
So I was on my voyage into work this morning with my 70 Dart I just bought. When I started it and turned on my headlights, I noticed that my green turn signal lights on my dash were both lit up, not blinking. Any ideas?

When the front park/turn fixtures loose their chassis ground the park circuit feed will seek ground through the turn element and back feed to the dash indicators. Find the loose ground somewhere around the radiator support in you have a plastic grille. Happy moparing

So I was on my voyage into work this morning with my 70 Dart I just bought. When I started it and turned on my headlights, I noticed that my green turn signal lights on my dash were both lit up, not blinking. Any ideas?

WELCOME TO FABO!

Ok, I'll give a shot at helping, but keep in mind there are others here at FABO more qualified than me but here goes for Hoosier Daily Dart Drivers back in the hollar experience;

1; Headlight switch
2; rust/corrosion on circut board contacts on back of Inst. panel.
3; Bad bulbs somewhere in system.
4; Bad Flasher unit.
5; firewall contact blocks need cleaning.
6; and just incase that wasn't enough possibilities, how bout a bad ground or wire contact somewhere in circut.

Me? I'd check bulbs first. (front and rear turn signal bulbs)
Then take note: I have replaced headlight switches in EVERYONE of my Darts at least once for each car (mechanical switches wear out) and have replaced enough of them to keep a brand new switch "in stock" in my own home garage!!) It's a $15.00 part available; Advance, Auto Zone, NAPA.
Then flasher unit.
Then if still not fixed, start diggin for loose or rubbing wire.
Good Luck and keep us posted on progress.
Get some pics of your ride posted here, K?:glasses2:

I just pulled my front grill this week to repaint it. I bet I bumped a ground up front in the process.
It only happens when the headlights are on. I'll dig in this weekend. Keep the suggestions guys. I'm a Jeep guy in my previous years, but I finally took the muscle car plunge this past week!

I just pulled my front grill this week to repaint it. I bet I bumped a ground up front in the process.
It only happens when the headlights are on. I'll dig in this weekend. Keep the suggestions guys. I'm a Jeep guy in my previous years, but I finally took the muscle car plunge this past week!

If you took the grille all the way off you had to disconnect the ground. Just a wire under a sheet metal screw , should be easy to find.

Is it bad that I can distinctly remember the black ground wire that I forgot to reconnect! I even remember looking at it thinking "I need to reconnect that before I close the hood".
Thanks guys!

Check ground wire and also bulbs. You may just have a bulb or two out. dash will light but no blinker. All it takes is 1 bad bulb to knock out a side. Also check flasher relay.

-
Back