Turn signal mechanism

-

chivic55

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name’s Chip. I’m new here and have a question. I have a 66 Barracuda and I’m trying to fix the turn signals. They work but they won’t cancel after I turn. It’s driving me crazy. I found the broken part,but I can’t figure out how to get it out. I just need the part that cancels the turn signal,not the whole switch. The piece on the left. Does that piece just pry off or do you have to take the whole switch out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

7387941C-E536-4394-AC94-EF3B2BCEA11B.jpeg

I can't remember how I got mine off 15+ years ago. I think I carefully pried it off. A little heat from a heat gun or hair dryer may help soften it up.

1696620041958.png

I got it!! It pried right off. I was afraid it was fastened from behind. Thanks again.

Good luck with that can of worms.:D
Do yourself a huge favor and contact /6 Dan for a new unit.
None of the aftermarket stuff is worth a ****.

Good luck with that can of worms.:D
Do yourself a huge favor and contact /6 Dan for a new unit.
None of the aftermarket stuff is worth a ****.
I went straight to Dan for a complete turn signal switch myself. You'll need to email him to set up an order. There's a decent chance swapping in the cam alone will fix it, but if it doesn't, I'd go straight for one of Dan's switches and skip local parts stores and other cheap replacements.

I put a cancelling cam in my 66 12+ years ago. Still working perfectly.

-
Back