Turn Signal Question, Please & Thanks

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, just need some insight please, to avoid fixing things that are not broken and buying parts that are not required. My 4way flashers work perfectly all the way around including the hood mounted lights, when the turn signal indicator is activated, all right side lights work no problem, when the driver side is used the light on the dash comes on but doesn't blink, either does the front park/signal, hood mounted light or tail light. I've checked the bulbs and all of them are good, I put in a new one just to verify and still no blinking. Would the turn signal flasher relay need to be replaced to fix this problem? or would one rule that out, because the right side still works fine.

Could be the flasher is "right on the brink."

Could be a bad column switch

Could be a bad bulb/ socket connection.

Check out all your grounding wires and connections. Pull them off and clean the contacts. Bad grounds can really create havoc in an electrical system.

Is there a seperate flasher/relay for left and right???

4spdragtop good question, I was always under the impression that there was one flasher switch for the turn signals and a seperate one for the 4 way flashers. I did hold the turn signal flasher in my hand a few minutes ago and it did make a clicking noise when the right signal light was on, but went silent when the left one was activatied.

A new flasher is only a couple of bucks, worth a try. Sounds like a bad bulb or ground issue.

Update: Thank you everyone for the replys, I'm happy to announce it turned out to be the flasher switch and I actually found a spare one in the tool box which I wasn't aware of, it has made in U.S.A stamped in big bold letters on it which is always a bonus these days, gotta love when things work out better then expected.

-
Back