Turn signal switch wires

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I was about to replace my turn signal switch.my new switch has 7 wires.The old has 8 wires the wire that is different is orange on the old switch.The car is a 69 Dart.What up with this.

Thanks abodyjoe for the help. This is the 69 Dart switch the book says is 67 -72 That plug in is at the end of my old switch, witch is still in the coloum havent got it out yet.There are 8 wires the orange being different,not sure what that orange wires job is.hope you or someone can tell me.On Monday if it cant be figured out I will call National Mopar ther mopar gods.Thanks dude.

100_1857.jpg

100_1858.jpg

snake,
on my 68 barracuda i did change the turn signal switch and found the orange wire went to a small light bulb next to the switch that was for the columm shift indecater
terry

Wow you nailed it very good.Yep it was columm shift went to floor shift makes sence PRN123 on the columm would be lit up.Thanks terry

One more thing how do I get the wires out of my conector to shuve in the new wires seams like thoes old wires are in there very tight.

there is a special tool that slides over each terminal and allows you to slip the wire out of the connector.

I used a dental pick or you can use a very small common screwdriver to push back the little tab that catches.

-
Back