Turn signal switches

-
I know the canceling cam is reproduced ($10.00) and it’s easy to pry off the old one and replace it. Mine had a spring clip inside the switch break once and I was able to fix it with parts found at the junk yard, for free. I believe Laysons has the switches but there I’m sure there expensive.

We do have turn signal switches available, part #SR-190085, $82.00.

However, we are currently out of stock for them. We have an order in with our supplier, but have not yet received them.

Thanks, the problem that I'm having is that my turn signals work. But when I hit the brake my right side turn signal comes on, and if I move the turn signal lever a little in the middle position it'll go back off. Weird.

Lee

Thanks, the problem that I'm having is that my turn signals work. But when I hit the brake my right side turn signal comes on, and if I move the turn signal lever a little in the middle position it'll go back off. Weird.

Lee
The ploblem may be the switch but doesn't absolutely have to be. Colum and steering shaft alignment could be the cause. Like a worn out bearing maybe. Friend of mine pulled his colum to one side trying to line it up with the instrument panel and tightened it up there. Busted the signal switch. :(
If you've had to colum out before... loosen the mounting bolts and move it around. Best method is just draw it straight up like the factory did without attention to detail. It should pretty much center itself.

Ok, I'll try that. The column in this car has been out zillions of time.

Lee

Hi Lee:
I doubt the issue is steering column positioning, the turn signal switch interrupts the brake line to connect the flasher to the brake lights. When the spring clip broke in my turn signal switch it was causing a weird symptom because it was shorting to an adjacent contact. You may be stuck with taking the new steering wheel off to find out but I would always try the easy stuff first.

I already took it off the other day. I've got a horn problem two that I didn't have before. This wierd brake like problem I had with the old steering wheel. Thanks everybody for the help.

Hi Lee:
You can separate the electrical connector on the column and check continuity in the switch when you move the lever. If you spend some time looking at the schematic in the manual, it fairly easy to tell how the switch is supposed to work. I usually copy that portion of the skymatic to a piece of scratch paper with the wire colors noted.

The brake lamp input should route to both tail lamps when in the normal position.

The flasher should connect to the rear brake lamps when the switch is in the proper position, while the brake is routed to the other brake lamp.

I may have some small parts in a box, it you can figure out what’s not working correctly.

i just ordered one from mr moparts in arizona for the wife's 65 dart wagon. his number is 623-975-7053. i think the biz is southwest reproductions.

Update. It was the me. I had two wires swapped in the the plug under the dash. Sorry.

-
Back