Turn Signal Trouble

-

Trey Osborne

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1963 Plymouth Valiant and I've had it for a few years. The turn signals worked when I got it, but they don't work anymore. The brake lights work fine. I am fairly young so I don't know where to start. Thanks!

Do any of them light at all? If not find the flasher socket (under the dash somewhere) turn the key to "run" and probe the connector with a test light or meter to see if you have power. If so, check the bulbs at least the two rear if they are easy to get at. If they are OK, try another flasher

If no power, go to the fuse panel.

Free service manuals

You can download aftermarket wiring diagrams at MyMopar, free:

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

Do any of them light at all? If not find the flasher socket (under the dash somewhere) turn the key to "run" and probe the connector with a test light or meter to see if you have power. If so, check the bulbs at least the two rear if they are easy to get at. If they are OK, try another flasher

If no power, go to the fuse panel.

Free service manuals

You can download aftermarket wiring diagrams at MyMopar, free:

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference
None of them come on ill try what you said, but also I forgot to mention that the front marker lights come on when the brake is pressed along with the brake lights.

I had the same problem in my 68, I thought I was going to have to pull the column apart, but its just the flasher. There's two different flashers, though, one for emergency flashers, and for turn signals, you want the turn signal one. On my car, the turn signal flasher is more or less in the center of the car (side to side, still under the dash) and the emergency is above my left leg when sitting in the driver's seat.

-
Back