Turn signals (again.. i know..)

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Another full custom wire job (that i did not build the wire in) . I have no idea what is going where but i think this is how it is wired.

Everything workes when separate but when i tie the break lights into the signals all i get is both lights flashing?

I know i just went through this on the last truck. I swear after this i will never take on turn signals again...

I thought i knew all there was to know about these but turns out i dont.

20200406_211241_zpskqvzmpwz.jpg

Go back and review the diag in the other post.

The way you have it drawn, the brake light wiring ties both left and right rear together.

Brake light switch should feed into the turn signal, not bypass it

Well and it depends on the switch. Many "add on" switches for trucks "back in the day" did not allow for a brake line input. So you had to have separate brake lights from the turn signals. If you want integrated lights and can't change the switch, you can likely do that with one of the trailer light adapters

Otherwise, Dana67 above is right.........there should be a specific wire into the switch just for the brake lights.

Otherwise there is something else wrong, like the hazard switch is on or AFU or a wiring fault, etc

I don't keep track of "all" the various column switches wiring schemes, but you should be able to internet search and find out.

-
Back