Turn Signals not working...possible relay??

-

ninoshrv

Reaction score
Hi there...I installed a new radio that is under the dash (in between the ash tray and glove box) in my 72 duster. When I recconnected my battery terminal, the radio worked completely fine, however, the turn signals do not work. They do not light up on the dash or work on the exterior of the car; however, my hazards work just fine. Do you all think I could have just tripped the relay while working underneath the dash? If so, is it just a matter of pressing in the relay to fix it or what? Any help is appreciated. Thanks mopar fam!

I don't know if it is the same with Mopar, as I don't have much experience with them yet, but on a lot of cars there will actually be two flasher assemblies. One for the hazards, and one for the turn signals. If your hazards work but your turn signals do not, I would check the flasher assembly. Good luck!

From what I have been reading, there is a relay on the left side of the steering column for the hazards and one in between the glove box and ash tray for the turn signals.

yep, the signal flasher is mounted on the right side of the ash tray hanger. It doesn't have or require chassis ground to function. It might have been unplugged during radio install though.

yep, the signal flasher is mounted on the right side of the ash tray hanger. It doesn't have or require chassis ground to function. It might have been unplugged during radio install though.

Thanks...I'll check today and inform everbody on if the relay was indeed the problem

ok...so I took out the relay for the turn signal and saw that the top of it was slightly cracked. I took out the hazard relay (which works) and put it in the turn signal relay position. The turn signals did not work. I placed the turn signal relay in the hazard relay postition and the hazards barely worked. They faded in and out. I went out and bought a new relay at lunch for the turn signal to see if the relay was the problem. When I get off, I'll install it and see what happens.

If the relay isn't the cause, what are my other repair options?

everyone...i fixed the car this evening. It was the fuse. I first replaced the relay and that didn't work...then I changed out all of the fuses in the fuse box. They were a little dusty so all were needed...lol...everything checked out and the turn signals are working just fine.

-
Back