Turn signals?

-

sparksfly121

67 Dart GT Conv
Reaction score
Without having gone through the electrical system just yet, I thought if run this by you first.
I just got my 67 Dart and I thought I had some blown bulbs. I replaced the bulbs in the front and rear turn signals/brake lights and just for good measure replaced all the fuses in the car and replaced the flasher.
The right front turn signal flashes. Not the left.
The left rear turn signal flashes. Not the right.
On the dashboard only the right turn signal illuminates. (Probably left bulb blown)
When the headlights are on, both rear lights illuminate.
When the parking lights are on, both the front parking lights and the rear tail lights illuminate.
The warning hazards don't work at all.

Ideas?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Double check that you actually have the correct lamps and that the lamps are actually good. There has been cases where lamps had the filaments internally shorted. Make sure the sockets are grounded. We'll go from there.

Did I misunderstand? the tail and park are on together? Someone may have jumpered the park / tail circuit. All "Ma" did was move the park light wire from the park contact on the headlight switch to the tail light contact so they stay on.

Are you aware there are two flashers, one for turn and one for the hazard? Check that the hazard flasher is getting power (should be hot at all times) and try a different flasher. You can switch the turn and hazard flashers one for the other

Double check that you actually have the correct lamps and that the lamps are actually good. There has been cases where lamps had the filaments internally shorted. Make sure the sockets are grounded. We'll go from there.

I will check, but they were new bulbs. Will check sockets, but as they work when the headlights are on, I think that's not it.

Did I misunderstand? the tail and park are on together? Someone may have jumpered the park / tail circuit. All "Ma" did was move the park light wire from the park contact on the headlight switch to the tail light contact so they stay on.

The taillights are used for brake, turn, hazard and parking lights. As I know the complete history of the car I don't believe it was jumpered. What I should have said is that when the headlights are on, both taillights light up as they should, indicating that the sockets seem to be working.

Are you aware there are two flashers, one for turn and one for the hazard? Check that the hazard flasher is getting power (should be hot at all times) and try a different flasher. You can switch the turn and hazard flashers one for the other

Where is the hazard flasher located? The turn flasher is mounted to the ash tray. Where is the other one?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

-
Back