Twin Carb slant setup

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
Found this video on this interesting set up....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXjTSuT1LaA"]YouTube[/ame]

I love how Aussies say things different. "Carbie" instead of carburetor and "standard" instead of stock. They are too cool. And I'll tell you, if you pull your junk along side of an Aussie, your *** better be ready. lol

I love how Aussies say things different. "Carbie" instead of carburetor and "standard" instead of stock. They are too cool. And I'll tell you, if you pull your junk along side of an Aussie, your *** better be ready. lol

The Slant Six is the red-headed stepchild of Mopar engines in this country (USA) but not in Australia; they love 'em down there. I have an Aussie Hurricane, long-ram intake on my engine and it is a work of art!!! Well worth the $400 I paid for it!

And yes, there are some VERY fast Slant Six-powered cars "down under!!!":blob:

I know it. And Aussies are slam crazy when it comes to goin fast. They don't play around. My guess is, since it costs so much to do it, they go all out.

The Slant Six is the red-headed stepchild of Mopar engines in this country (USA) but not in Australia; they love 'em down there. I have an Aussie Hurricane, long-ram intake on my engine and it is a work of art!!! Well worth the $400 I paid for it!

And yes, there are some VERY fast Slant Six-powered cars "down under!!!":blob:

I LOVE those hurricane intakes!! In fact I think I'd rather have a hurricane over a hyperpak!

You know, it's funny. The Aussies have fewer slants down there, but they didn't leave it behind. You cain't get crap for slants here.

Thats ok, caus we can get our engines for free here rob. Build thm with Aussie parts and get raped on shipping. Then kickass lol!

I LOVE those hurricane intakes!! In fact I think I'd rather have a hurricane over a hyperpak!

The difference that I can see between a HyperPak and a Hurricane is in the way the center two ports exit the plenum. The HyperpaK two center runners go straight to the head, while the Hurricane center runners exit the END of the plenum and bend around, adding length in an attempt to equalize runner-length with the other four runners. Here's anothter couple of pictures: The top one is the long-runner manifold which came out several years ago; the bottom picture os of the new, short-runner manifold.

Attachments

• longruner,jpg.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 229
  • shortrunner.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 218
-
Back