Not open for further replies.

dodgedude37

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to buy or find a source for a template for mounting twin hood scoops on a 70,71,72 duster,dart.
16595395460792152841787608679604.jpg

Your hood may have the holes in the frame for the scoops. . If so locate the holes in the outer sheet metal by putting a bushing or socket with a hole in the center in that hole. Center punch the hole from the inside out and drill them 3/8's. Once these are drilled set the scoops studs over the holes in the top of the hood. This will located the other studs.

I use to use a 3/8 socket the same size as the holes in the inner hood frame then use a 3/8 transfer punch through the socket to center punch the hood. Then close the hood and re-center punch down and drill them front the top of the hood. Most all 71 and 72 hoods have the scoop holes in the inner frame for twin scoops. If you locate the center of them you don't need a template.

Your hood may have the holes in the frame for the scoops. . If so locate the holes in the outer sheet metal by putting a bushing or socket with a hole in the center in that hole. Center punch the hole from the inside out and drill them 3/8's. Once these are drilled set the scoops studs over the holes in the top of the hood. This will located the other studs.

I use to use a 3/8 socket the same size as the holes in the inner hood frame then use a 3/8 transfer punch through the socket to center punch the hood. Then close the hood and re-center punch down and drill them front the top of the hood. Most all 71 and 72 hoods have the scoop holes in the inner frame for twin scoops. If you locate the center of them you don't need a template.
I saw this method elsewhere, I think it was actually your idea. But the holes in my underside are not that big or in the same location as the hood pictured in that thread. I do appreciate the attempt though. Another member has graciously offered to send me his since he no longer needs it. But thanks.

dodgedude, i have a Duster that i plan on putting the scoops on also, after your done with the template i would love to borrow it, i would of course pay for shipping and when im done i will mail it back to you, i am assuming its a folded piece of paper.... think about it and PM me if this is something you would consider doing.. thanks Rich

hey guys, while we are discussing twin scoops, can someone recommend a vendor that sells these scoops. in the past i think i got them from Dales cuda shop. i dont think they have them anymore, where are you guys buying them from, yes i know oem is the best but i dont want to pay top dollar for scoops that need stud repair and are cracked. I seen lots of over priced damaged scoops in Carlisle...thanks Rich

hey guys, while we are discussing twin scoops, can someone recommend a vendor that sells these scoops. in the past i think i got them from Dales cuda shop. i dont think they have them anymore, where are you guys buying them from, yes i know oem is the best but i dont want to pay top dollar for scoops that need stud repair and are cracked. I seen lots of over priced damaged scoops in Carlisle...thanks Rich

The best thing to do is a wanted thread here. In the description let the sellers know exactly what you are looking for.

I keep trying to upload photos of my scoops info but it's not working
Search kapalini parts & follow the web site to mopar ,& there's the scoops both twin & snorkle

dodgedude, now i remember..... i got my last pair from first place auto, they were nice. i will check out Kapalini parts, is that what you have? how are they....i would like to buy aftermarket in this case, not looking for originals.

dodgedude, now i remember..... i got my last pair from first place auto, they were nice. i will check out Kapalini parts, is that what you have? how are they....i would like to buy aftermarket in this case, not looking for originals.
Yes, that's what I have, I am impressed for what it's worth.

Dave

i just checked them out, can the chrome bezels be used with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back