**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Looking good! Is the bottom end of the engine already built? Are you going to test drive it before paint, or tear it all down and paint it before putting it all together?

Waiting on the custom pistons they take 3-4 weeks I have a week left.
Still tossed on running it VS painting it first.

Waiting on the custom pistons they take 3-4 weeks I have a week left.
Still tossed on running it VS painting it first.
from tapping the wall during testing do ya!!LoL!

May as well run it first! Don't want to have to buff that scratch from tapping the wall during testing do ya!!LoL!

from tapping the wall during testing do ya!!LoL!

May as well run it first! Don't want to have to buff that scratch from tapping the wall during testing do ya!!LoL!

ever real drag racer hits the wall at least once.......just kidding I hope it never happens, and if it does I hope it does little damage and no one is injured.

just remember if you never redlight your not trying hard enough......

Paint it. Cause once you get it running you wont want to take it apart to paint.

That was the original plan and I need to stick to it.
I just need to make sure all my tabs for oil cooler lines, fuel line holes, brake lines etc are done before it goes.

That was the original plan and I need to stick to it.
I just need to make sure all my tabs for oil cooler lines, fuel line holes, brake lines etc are done before it goes.

Yup,stick to the plan. Almost there...

bad *** build, are your wastegates going to be VTA?

needsaresto;Lol Im guessing yes,seeing how the exhaust is..
No the waste gates will be tied back into the exhaust. I just got the 2" Vbands, clamps and pipe to do it. I started to mess with the drivers side yesterday but ran out of steam when my buddy showed up with the tubing for the front half of the cage.

The pipes will do a U turn out of the waste gates straight back up to the Turbo Exhaust out. The complete U Turn pipe on both sides will be removable because I will have a hard time getting the Down pipes in if they are all 1 piece.

Stay Tuned...........

I'm staying tuned. Waiting for more. I would hold my breath but I'll pass out after about 2 min. And at the rate your going it will take 3 min to get it done and I would miss it. Keep up the good work. And your moving much faster than I can it's cool to watch

Some more parts showed up today.

I am using 4 7" Fans that are 1100CFM Each and draw 3 amps. So 4400 CFM of air pulling or pushing, however you want to do it. I plugged one of them in today to see how it feels and it kicks some serious air. It just about jumped out of my hand when it started up. 1 Bosch Relay will take car of all 4 Fans triggered by a temp sensor in the manifold. I had to do it this way for clearance reasons. The water pump pully smacked the other single fan that I had in there.

The 2 10" Fans on the Heat Exchanger will push air and I will be setting the 4 7" Fans to Pull air thru the Radiator so in all there will be 6900 CFM of air moving thru the radiator. Another Bosch Relay will be wired in to control the 2 10" fans and the pump which will be wired together and come on at the same time. I may wire them to a push button lighted switch...........

View attachment IMG_2504.jpg

View attachment IMG_2505.jpg

View attachment IMG_2503.jpg

View attachment IMG_2506.jpg

This is the water pump for the air/water circulation.

View attachment IMG_2507.jpg

I am using 3 ball valves to re route the water thru the closed loop ice box that will be mounted in the trunk.
They sent me the wrong fittings for the male end so I need to go to ACE Hardware and pick some up. Shipping them back will be
too expensive since they only cost 3 bucks each.

View attachment IMG_2508.jpg

Well the Custom Pistons have arrived!!

The engine will start to get machined and balanced! The only thing I am missing for the engine is a few gaskets, nuts, bolts, Damper and Carb!

I have purchased alot of stuff in the last few days and added to my PILE OF PARTS!

Well the Custom Pistons have arrived!!

The engine will start to get machined and balanced! The only thing I am missing for the engine is a few gaskets, nuts, bolts, Damper and Carb!

I have purchased alot of stuff in the last few days and added to my PILE OF PARTS!

Yeah,
"THE CARB"! Lol!
Are you putting the engine together? Just curious. I will be building my own. I'm just getting the machine shop to machine and balance the rotating assy. and square & bore the block. Yes, with torque plates, for anyone who may ask.

Yeah,
"THE CARB"! Lol!
Are you putting the engine together? Just curious. I will be building my own. I'm just getting the machine shop to machine and balance the rotating assy. and square & bore the block. Yes, with torque plates, for anyone who may ask.

Brian at IMM Engines will do all the machining, balancing and assembly of the short block. I am really busy at work or I would do it myself, just don't have the time right now. I will Install the heads, Head Studs, Rockers, intake and get the pushrod lengths myself. I will be using MANTON 3/8 Pushrods with 5/16 Tips ball and Cup with an EMD hole about .030 to keep pressurized oil at the Adjusting ball and cup of the pushrods.

Ohhh I am also waiting for HUGHES to get stock of their LA ROCKER ASSEMBLY in 1.6 Ratio. They have been out for awhile now, I call regularly.

I will be using a CSU Carb. Kevin over there is a really good guy and will spend time with you explaining HOW and WHY he is doing what he is doing to your carb. I have heard he is great even after the sale.

did you think about running it out through the iner fender? It would offer a cleaner install, as the wastegate plumbing would be hidden

did you think about running it out through the iner fender? It would offer a cleaner install, as the wastegate plumbing would be hidden

Yes I thought about everyway possible. The Cage tubes will be in the fender wells and the intercoolers are already there.
There will also be Lines for the Ice Box that will be in the trunk so I want to keep the HEAT out of the fender wells........

By the time everything is installed it will all blend in just fine. The alternator will block most of the passenger side wastegate tubing. Also with the radiator installed. Intake plumbing etc it will mostly just disappear. There will be alot to look at and they wont stand out like they do now with nothing around them.

I bought 100' of black exhaust wrap and will be wraping everything.

I finally got the waste gate exhaust out plumbed into the Turbo Exhaust out.

Damn that was a JOB!! Probably the hardest part so far. I was going to wait until I pulled the engine to do it but NOOOOOOOOOOOO Way would that have worked. There was absolutely no room for error I can tell you that!

View attachment IMG_2512.jpg

View attachment IMG_2513.jpg

View attachment IMG_2514.jpg

View attachment IMG_2515.jpg

View attachment IMG_2516.jpg

View attachment IMG_2517.jpg

View attachment IMG_2518.jpg

View attachment IMG_2519.jpg

View attachment IMG_2521.jpg

View attachment IMG_2522.jpg

The last of today............

I only need to do the intake to the carb hat, Mount the Radiator with the new fans, mount the heat exchanger, Air to Water Pump, Water lines and the engine can come back out!! IT WILL BE DONE AND ALL MOCKED UP!!!!:cheers:

The new Extreme Velocity Carb Hat should be here on Tuesday!!! So I should be able to finish it up Thanksgiving Weekend!

View attachment IMG_2543.jpg

View attachment IMG_2545.jpg

View attachment IMG_2546.jpg

View attachment IMG_2547.jpg

View attachment IMG_2548.jpg

View attachment IMG_2549.jpg

Hey Badart,

I got the 6 pieces of 321 Stainless that you sent me to do the whole waste gate exhaust. I used a PIPE STRETCHER to get it done though!!:toothy10:

great proyect i like the wheels :-D maybe i missed it but which trans are you going 727 or 904 ? a833 ?

-
Back