-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burlapen

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Posting for sale my 72 valiant. This is the ultimate sleeper. It is a clean original 318 car. Has the stock 318 with a mild cam, performer intake, custom headers and two nissan T3 turbo's. There is too much to go into in this ad so here is a link to the build thread on the turbo forum.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/t...rd/72-valiant-more-door-stock-318-twin-turbo/

If you read to the end of the thread you will see that the car currently runs and drives however the stock 904 is slipping badly. I have a small block 727 that I will be rebuilding shortly to go into the car. This was my first turbo build and I am anxious to move on to the next one so I am putting the car for sale as is. I will keep working on it until it is running and driving perfectly and I can get some time at the drag strip with it but obviously the more I build it, the more I will ask for it. If someone is interested in purchasing it as is, they can save some money and finish the details themselves. All of the fab work is done which I believe was the hard part. The car makes pretty ridiculous power for a mostly stock 318. I have the turbos currently making 7 lbs of boost but they are capable of more. PM me if you would like more info. I would like in the neighborhood of $4,000 for the car as is. Really a fun car and the ultimate sleeper. Thanks.

Uh......................I don't know what we are supposed to do with that link...................

+1. This is a Bizarre way to list a car for sale. I would at least get the required info in the post before it gets removed.

nice, how much hp is it making? and what kind of body work have you done so far? and also what is left to make the car complete?

Hmmm.... I'm not understanding why this is a strange way to post a car for sale. There is a description of the car, a price, the location is next to my name in the post, I asked to be contacted by PM then posted a link to the entire buildup of the car with plenty of pictures and build specs. There is even a video of the car in there. Am I missing something?

As far as power my goal was 400 rear wheel horsepower. I haven't had it on a Dyno yet but it should be easily capable of that as is. Hard to get a feel for how fast it is because the small tires just start to spin at just about any given speed when the turbos spool.

The body is in good shape overall. It has stock paint that I cut and polished to bring back to life. There are a couple of minor dings but nothing major
Not an ounce of rust on the car. There are plenty of pictures in the build thread assuming the link is working. Thanks.

You will have to join the turbo forums to see the pictures. Thats why some of you guys are missing something. Burlapen, you may want to post a few pics so the guys who dont belong to the turbo forum can see your handy work. Cool idea BTW a 4 door turbo sleeper! Great! Good luck with the sale.

I remember reading this project when I went looking for info on my 4.6 4V turbo build...looks pretty cool, but as was mentioned you have to be a member of the forums to see the pictures.

You will have to join the turbo forums to see the pictures. Thats why some of you guys are missing something. Burlapen, you may want to post a few pics so the guys who dont belong to the turbo forum can see your handy work. Cool idea BTW a 4 door turbo sleeper! Great! Good luck with the sale.

click on 72 valiant on the right side of the link page. Scroll down and theres a short vid.

I didn't see any pics either.....I'm assuming you must be a member of the site to view the s. However, here is the video that he's talking about.

Although a short vid, it looks pretty clean. I think more pics would help the sale and if there is a member in the area who could look at it would be a definite help to selling this car. Just a few thoughts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-punjFgoXkA&feature=player_embedded"]Turbo valiant - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't see any pics either.....I'm assuming you must be a member of the site to view the s. However, here is the video that he's talking about.

Although a short vid, it looks pretty clean. I think more pics would help the sale and if there is a member in the area who could look at it would be a definite help to selling this car. Just a few thoughts.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-punjFgoXkA&feature=player_embedded"]Turbo valiant - YouTube[/url][/quote]

ok i must be crazy but they are not in play or am i missing something???

not real sure but in the vid, the turbos dont seem to be hooked up to anything, im not a turbo expert or anything but i just wasnt sure!?!?!?

There's nothing hooked to the intake side of the passenger turbo for sure.
Maybe it has some sort of "hat" that goes over the carb and is fed by the two turbos?? I love the idea of the car.

Sorry guys. I didn't realize you couldn't see the pictures. That video was when I first foot the motor fired and the hat is not installed. There is another vid of it driving later in the build. As soon as I get back to my computer I will post some pics here. I can see how it would be a boring build thread with no pics!!!

ok here we go

Attachments

• IMG_5218.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 791
  • Valiant Front.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 828
  • Valiant Left Rear.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 796
  • Valiant Right Side.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 803
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h54qscEq54"]Turbo valiant boost - YouTube[/ame]

here is a short video of the car driving. It was fighting traction issues badly. Also the trans was not happy. I started rebuilding a 727 for it today.

couple more

Attachments

• IMG_5199.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 792
  • Valiant Dash.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 822
  • Valiant Left Front.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 821
  • Valiant Right Taillamp.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 803
  • Valiant Right Rear.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 785
You're good on your ad Burl. I see $4000 and i also see Clovis, Ca. and it looks like you added pics. One question. What rear is in the car?
Small Block

When it comes up on boost, it is amazing! I wish I wasn't elbows deep in my project. Bump for ya!

Thanks for the replies guys. Didn't have much of a chance to dominate anything with it except the 904. I'm rebuilding a 727 for it as I post. It has the 7 1/4 rear still so I'm sure that will be the next thing to go. I guess I didn't talk much about the rest of the stuff here. It has a holley 650 modded for boost along with an msd box and a btm adjustable boost retard box. The electronics along with the boost gauge are hidden in the glove box. It has two o2 sensors in the pipes however I only temporarily hook up the air fuel meter for tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back