Twin Turbo LiL Red Express

-
Been the truck route. Not with turbos but a 500" RB, 2-625 Carters and 33x21.5 Mickies on the rear Dana. Hell getting it to hook! C.E.'s Slid-a-links helped alot!

There is a LRE here in South Texas that has a 12V Cummings pushing 100 pounds of boost! Crazy setup!!

My ol' Ram,

Nice truck! The op is on Ladder Bars I think it gunna hook! 2 - 90 lb bags of cement in the bed will help too! Lol

My truck is full back half with four link and coil overs. With fuel tank, batteries and little weight pockets in front of the rear bumper it should hook. I only plan on going to the track twice a year ( Mopar day and Truck day.) but once bitten by the bug who knows what will happen.

Nice truck! The op is on Ladder Bars I think it gunna hook! 2 - 90 lb bags of cement in the bed will help too! Lol

Yeah, I was still on leaf springs. It was totally street and believe me, I drove the wheels off it lol... Sure did turn alota heads here in the truck capital!

She had a fatazz!!!

Attachments

• *** of dodge.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,357
My truck is full back half with four link and coil overs. With fuel tank, batteries and little weight pockets in front of the rear bumper it should hook. I only plan on going to the track twice a year ( Mopar day and Truck day.) but once bitten by the bug who knows what will happen.

Watch out!!!!!

Those damn bugs bite hard!! Been there, done that!

BTW, how did you lower the front? Did you change the suspension? My Ram had Chisholm drop lower control-arms and springs. Had a nice stance.

Oh, Thought it was ladder bars cause it is posted as such in your Post #1. 4 link and back half all the better!

I lowered the front with pocketed lower control arms and dodge Dakota spindles. Tubular upper control arms. I just checked my #1 post i'll have to edit that. Thanks for the catch.

Maaaan , that truck sits "nice" !

Is that mirror adjusted so that you can watch the tires boil?!? Lol

attachment.php

I love LRE trucks. I had a 79 back in the early eighties, and am determined to own one again. Nice truck!

Haven't updated in awhile just waiting on parts. And warmer weather would help. I'm trying to bring the front down 2 more inches but can't find shorter springs. Might have to go coil over. That mirror has been flopping around since I bought the truck 15 years ago and I just never fixed it.

A local LRE ran at my car clubs Lonestar Mopar Fest 2013. There is a vid of his run but I think he blew a pipe. The last run in this vid you could see boost leaking from under the hood. Sould see 9's once the bugs are gone! I have seen it at Hennessey's track several times.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArkzSPOGNPs"]Lil Red Cummins Express - 100PSI Test Passes - YouTube[/ame]

Haven't updated in awhile just waiting on parts. And warmer weather would help. I'm trying to bring the front down 2 more inches but can't find shorter springs. Might have to go coil over. That mirror has been flopping around since I bought the truck 15 years ago and I just never fixed it.

I'm guessing you don't have heat in your garage either . I was out there the other day freezing my but off messing with the Warlock . Were getting more fun New England weather this Thursday .

I hear yeah on that one ! I've got one of those portable propane forced air heaters but the dam thing is so loud that I very rarely use it unless it's "that" cold out and I know that I'm going to be out there for a very long time . Other then that it's layer's and layer's of clothing . Just keep thinking , Spring will be hear soon ! lol

Waiting for chassis shop to install cage. My slot is June 1st. Once that is done project should move fairly quick.

-
Back