Twin Turbo Roller?

-

JimmyV

MOPAR!!
Reaction score
Hey guys got a bug up my but and for some odd reason i want to stuff a twin turboed roller cam motor in my duster....I want ideas input and suggestions... wanna keep it small block but cant decide 318 340 or 360..fuel injected? blow through carb setup? early 90's roller block??? i just dunno i need ideas

BB stroker at 13:1 with indy heads, single plane, E85 fuel / E85 carb
easy and hard to beat... and reliable. 600-700hp easily.

turbo you are going to be doing months of fab work just to say "i did it" , playing around tuning, pushing how high boost can go until you detonate. you might think you are saving money going the cheap route, but... meanwhile the other guy with the above engine is cruisin around saturday nights, goin to the track, day at the beach, etc.

Coming from a turbo guy,no less.

Yep, I have built quite a few over the years. It takes serious dedication, its not for everyone. If I had to do it all over I would have gone the nitrous route for myself. Turbos are great and make sick reliable HP but so does nitrous done right.

Yep, I have built quite a few over the years. It takes serious dedication, its not for everyone. If I had to do it all over I would have gone the nitrous route for myself. Turbos are great and make sick reliable HP but so does nitrous done right.

Man you ain't lyinnnnnn about the dedication when doing a turbo build! So what your saying is build a big inch SB nitrous motor and get on down the road with it? :burnout:

360 LA Roller block is what I'd use

Doesn't matter what block he uses unless he is going to reuse the lifters. There are several sets of roller lifters available now that drop right in with no modifications to the block. I wouldn't chance a used set of lifters on a TT build, IMO... Loose a lifter it will cost you more than likely the whole motor. Your going to want to increase the spring pressures to keep the exhaust valves closed when your up on boost. Old used lifters is not a good approach..

416 blow through(73' 340 block)... 900+ rwhp, 93 oct, 3:23 gear, drive anywhere....

Attachments

• tims dart 4.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 416 turbo.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 327

turbo you are going to be doing months of fab work just to say "i did it" , playing around tuning, pushing how high boost can go until you detonate. you might think you are saving money going the cheap route, but... meanwhile the other guy with the above engine is cruisin around saturday nights, goin to the track, day at the beach, etc.
Only one e85 station in/around Spokane....

:D :D

months of fab and tuneing????? sounds like a blast to me!!!! hahaha i hear you though you do make a good point..i dunno its just an ideah i had....right now im just going to enjoy what i have and see what happens its definently somethign i want to do.....but then again i am a very undecisive person ha :glasses7:

months of tuning?? my carb was almost perfect right out of the box! 1 jet change... you buy the right parts, you get great results!

416 blow through(73' 340 block)... 900+ rwhp, 93 oct, 3:23 gear, drive anywhere....

and from another thread:

i broke one... but it was when i had the 340, 740gram trw pistons, and 10#s of boost making 640 rwhp. nasty break too... broke the cam, block, starter, oil filter relocater, and oil pump/pan! i knew...

just means you have to be very dedicated to do a successful turbo mod and be willing to make a few mistakes along the way.

sure they will work, but they take a lot more work to make them work.

i'm not sure of the cost comparisons

Another thing potentially wrong with this statement is the bb stroker will need a fuel tanker attached to it's bumper while cruising around, going to the beach etc. A 700 hp turbo build has the potential for some fuel economy considering the pressure is what is making the power......stay out of the pressure and it will only be a 350-400 hp build. Sure, it will take some money to build the turbo system, but if you can do the work yourself and do the EBAY thing like a member here has done......There is just something about having to stop and get fuel at damn near every station that bothers me....

Man you ain't lyinnnnnn about the dedication when doing a turbo build! So what your saying is build a big inch SB nitrous motor and get on down the road with it? :burnout:

Haha or have both!!

:D :D

months of fab and tuneing????? sounds like a blast to me!!!! hahaha i hear you though you do make a good point..i dunno its just an ideah i had....right now im just going to enjoy what i have and see what happens its definently somethign i want to do.....but then again i am a very undecisive person ha :glasses7:

I didn't mean to be a downer. I hate when people tell me that I can't do something. Turbo cars are a totally different animal. They require a serious amount of dedication and patience. Of course it can be quick and easy if you throw your checkbook at it. I make everything myself including my blow through carb. I now have my carb skills pretty much down to work out of the box but it took a lot of R&D. Back when I was using a blow through carb there were no off the shelf carbs. If you want an off the shelf carb it will cost deep into the 4 figure territory. If your serious about having a turbo car then I say go for it, it will be very rewarding when its done and will provide you with a lot of fun for little maintenance. Once you get it right that is. Oh and if you do buy a carb versus make one you will be relying heavily on someone to get it right. I have had a few freinds buy a well know brand carb and one blew up 3 motors before they figured out the problem and the other couldn't get it to work on a track hooked up. On the street and dyno it worked just fine.

OK I did something most would probably call dumb when I was 16 but it worked. Took my /6 small can and lifter kit offy 4 barrel intake then welded in a turbo from a semi about have way back on the exhaust I'm not sure how much it helped the car ran mid 13 in the quarter. Was a 74 dart sport BTW. Never blew anything but I only drove it another 6 months and my other brother got it towed due to him not having a license. Again Idk if it helped or hurt the car I've never looked into turbos we were just screwing around sounded cool though and was pretty fast for a slant. Not recommending anyone try that lol

well I had heard it is easier to run a turbo on exhaust than the carb what's the difference between having a turbo blow or one that sucks? idk thought if it is easier it might help the original poster

and from another thread:

just means you have to be very dedicated to do a successful turbo mod and be willing to make a few mistakes along the way.

sure they will work, but they take a lot more work to make them work.

i'm not sure of the cost comparisons

true. the 340 i had in there was to break in the turbo kit and make sure it was sound...after about 1500 miles, the non boosted built 340 said NO MORE! after the 416 went in i had no problems. i just put gas in it and drove it!

i do like the nitrous idea saves having to build another engine haha. i just wonder how big a shpt i can run on my current set up

List all the modifications,gears trans&converter.How many miles,on the engine? Let's start with a solid foundation on knowledge.

-
Back