Twin Turbo Roller?

-
List all the modifications,gears trans&converter.How many miles,on the engine? Let's start with a solid foundation on knowledge.

Hah this could take a while

73 360 block bored .060 over
shot peened rods
arp main studs and head studs
comp solid cam 525 lift 294 duration
kb 10.5:1 pistons
edlebrock performer heads. 2.02 intake 1.60 exh
1.5:1 roller rockers
victor intake
650 holley double pumper
est compression ratio 11.5:1

raybestos blue plate clutches
full manual valvebody
2500 stall

and i am in the thought process of possibley switching to an air gap..i think it would work better for my application

3.23 gears right now in process of going to 4:10
i would have to guesstomate at about 1500-2000 miles on engine

Damn nice combination! Spray,Hell yes! SWAP THE GEARS FIRST! Tune it out,befors adding spray,you might be surprised.......

Damn nice combination! Spray,Hell yes! SWAP THE GEARS FIRST! Tune it out,befors adding spray,you might be surprised.......[/QUOTE

yeah she is a good runner thats for sure..def need gears though she is a slug off the line..but crazy fun after that ;) what is the biggest shot you think it could handle?

Set the gears first,huge in tuning spray.Get that set first.Learn the feel ,of the gears first.Tune the chassis,to match gears.Then,think about spray....... Takes time,to learn.

Set the gears first,huge in tuning spray.Get that set first.Learn the feel ,of the gears first.Tune the chassis,to match gears.Then,think about spray....... Takes time,to learn.

yeah i know gears and a tune are going to help a ton!!!! when i get her up and running again my goal is to get it all dialed in this spring

175 plate,with gears on pump gas.Power shot,NOS 125,on current gearing..... Follow the instructions.Recommend the gears,and chassis ,set up 1st.Wrapped a 5.0, around a telephone pole,"trying " to sort more h.p.,no chassis work.......

Nice combo. Do you know what it runs as is N/A? The big question is whether or not you have forged pistons. I have used up to a 350 shot on the KB hypers before but one mistake and they will explode! I tell everyone who will listen, if you keep it from detonating you will look like a hero and you will be surprised what the motor will handle. I had a similar set up as yours, with forged pistons, and it ran high tens in a 3440 pound Dart on a 9 inch tired street car. The tune up is very important and if a little nitrous is good then more is not necessarily better. For someone who is venturing out on their own the first time with nitrous I always recommend a 100 shot from a plate. DO NOT GO DUAL PLANE!!!! The distribution will smoke one cylinder or two. People get away with running a dual plane and nitrous do it by running the thing so rich that their 150 shot really only gives them 80 hp. When you have it tuned right a single plane is a must. I also recommend a really good fuel system that is built with proper research. Another tip is to get a jet map from NOS so you can properly use the jets that match your fuel pressure. Fuel pressure greatly influences fuel mixture. Lastly DONT CHANGE the gears. What works with your N/A motor will be way over geared for your N2O set up.

i do not know what it runs i have never had it timed...but it does perform pretty well still have alot of tuning to do on it i think i can squeaze some more pep out of her with some carb adjustments and timing...i am running the hyper pistons....if i ever did do nitrous i would probably stay around a 100 shot...till i got used to that any way lol

-
Back