Twistgrip's 69 F3 340 GTS Resto

-
Beautiful car, nice work! 4 speed to boot! Only way to go.

F3 green is my absolute favorite color. Glad to see you chose to keep it F3 it instead of painting it purple or Viper blue whatever.

Keep it up!

Beautiful car, nice work! 4 speed to boot! Only way to go.

F3 green is my absolute favorite color. Glad to see you chose to keep it F3 it instead of painting it purple or Viper blue whatever.

Keep it up!
Thanks, you wouldn’t believe the number of young people that have seen it and asked if it had a custom color.

Thanks, you wouldn’t believe the number of young people that have seen it and asked if it had a custom color.

Probably cause they didn't grow up with an ocher-colored refrigerator or orange shag carpet. F3 and similar light metallic greens were pretty ubiquitous in the late '60s-early '70s.

AF4FADA3-3287-412A-8151-7C21C4DA56CA.jpeg
Windshield is installed, waiting on trim out.

Installed the rear trunk trim panel. As mentioned in an earlier post I had decided to leave the dealership ID that was originally riveted on when the car was sold. Hutton-Scott Dodge in Charlotte sponsored Buddy Baker in a 1965 Dodge for a time in NASCAR back when individual dealerships could still afford to be players in that sport.

0A01D7DD-558A-4DD7-9F68-5332C7A98BB8.jpeg

First shakedown run yesterday, made a four mile loop and back. Still have a small punch list of items but getting really close now.

1D6EFA2E-E7E7-4B30-ADCE-299060CD15C9.jpeg

4279FED8-FEAB-4BD9-A4E8-68E06C807F45.jpeg

Wow, I've been following your restoration waiting for the point when you put the sill chrome on. And suddenly, poof, it's on! A few questions if you don't mind.

1) How did you lay out the holes for the trim clips? Im guessing you had to at least drill for the holes in the right side quarter panel.
2) Did you by any chance record the locations?
2) What kind of trim clips were on the ends where the screws are?
3) Were the clips in the middle of the moldings metal or plastic?

Thanks in advance from another '69 GTS owner who is facing trying to locate the trim clip holes.

Wow, I've been following your restoration waiting for the point when you put the sill chrome on. And suddenly, poof, it's on! A few questions if you don't mind.

1) How did you lay out the holes for the trim clips? Im guessing you had to at least drill for the holes in the right side quarter panel.
2) Did you by any chance record the locations?
2) What kind of trim clips were on the ends where the screws are?
3) Were the clips in the middle of the moldings metal or plastic?

Thanks in advance from another '69 GTS owner who is facing trying to locate the trim clip holes.
If you're referring to the rocker mouldings clips/fasteners, I was able to purchase from R/T specialties. They were plastic iirc ??

A simple "thank you" for Bennoel 10 just isn't enough. This guy has gone out of his way to help me identify how and where the sill spears are attached. Truly a supporter of the hobby.

-
Back