U bolts

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok my shock plates are comeing to night,great guy he is delivering.I know my 8 3/4 tube size is 3 inch but what about the u bolts.Thease I will have to get at my local Carquest I have 5 leafs and plan on haveing one more added and rearck so what lenght should I ask for.Thank you in advance.Don.PS go Canada go

I've bought u bolts at local part stores a few times. They usually only have one or two to choose from. But they sure as hell can order you anything you want. You may just be better off ordering a set yourself.

Jake

Dealer ordered U-bolts for 8 3/4 rear.
Part#P5249709 this is a kit for your 8 3/4 install.You can get them from your local Chrysler dealer.Hope this helps.

P.S I have some 360 heads ready to bolt on if interested?PM me?

Snake, when I just replaced my old leaf springs with the Summit Racing XHD set before I got the new springs I had a shop fabricate new U-bolts which are eight inches in length on a side, despite the fact that the original ones were seven (7) inches in length. Thankfully I did so, because had I not added the extra inch they would not have worked with the new leaf springs. The only reason I had the shop make them 8 inches was out of a sense of caution, that I could always cut some off but couldn't weld some on if I needed more length.
Offered for what it's worth,

-
Back