U.S Car Tool sub frame connectors install

-

I'm not a structural engineer but from the designs that I've been familiar with I would tend to believe that a stitched weld would work best on these connectors.

In Australia we have to get cars engineered for major modifications and the engineer I spoke to about doing chassis connectors would only approve them if they were stitched and not continuous for the reasons stated above. If a stitch weld breaks it's no great problem but I'm sure we've all seen welds that crack from end to end.

Super install. I like the U.S. Car tool subframe connectors very much, however money being a factor in my build, i used 2x3x1/8" box steel i had leftover from a previous project, and slotted the rear floor pan on mine. I am real curious tho , where did you get the square tubing curved lower radiator support?

Matt

Thanks for the pictures 76orangewagon, looks good. I just ordered another set from US car tool for my 65 Cuda.

Super install. I like the U.S. Car tool subframe connectors very much, however money being a factor in my build, i used 2x3x1/8" box steel i had leftover from a previous project, and slotted the rear floor pan on mine. I am real curious tho , where did you get the square tubing curved lower radiator support?

Matt

Matt.
The lower radiator support came from XV Motorsports. From what I hear there now out of business, but when I started this post 3 1/2 years ago they were around

-
Back